• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Florida Rally Multimedia Thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I had a great time once again. My hat is off to our host Mike (Devilman96), our culinary experts Mike (SCSG-G4) and Walter (green_gator) and all those who lended a hand getting this ting going again. Mike, Wayne Roberts, Wayne Valdez and Phil for doing such a great job on the shower. It is a truely awesome exerience to be able to shower in hot water with adequate pressure in the middle of the woods. I do have some pics in my camera (missing in back of truck) that I will post later. No action shots but some of the night shots may look cool if not too blurry. We got in at 1230 late night side Thursday. The ride home was not without problems but I'll have a whole other thread on that. Bottom line is that Devilman96 came to my rescue and saved my bacon. We had a decent turnout, not as big as some, not as small as others but got to meet up with some good folks I havent seen in a year and got to meet a few for the first time. We finally had range time this year and I was able to get one of my rifles sighted in and run a few hundred rounds through a few other guns. One of these days I'll bring a shotgun and do some of that skeet shooting. There were many kids there and my 4 and 9 yr old had an absolute blast. Jonathan drove the cart almost exclusivley and continually during his awakend hours. All in all I plan to be better prepared for next year and many new ideas have been tossed out. Look for that other thread coming later titled FL Rally Lessons.

devilman96

Mike and Walter... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COOKING!

Wayne, Wayne, Phil, Adon and Jose thank you for the weeks of work before hand and I do believe those showers will pay off for many more years to come! Everyone whom used them were very grateful for the efforts!

Chuck... Thank you for showing up early and doing the Sams shopping trip and water running. My back could NOT have done that alone after Wed!

Thank you to everyone that pitched in and helped out, moved a "this"... Washed a "that"... Especially Jim... whom showed up to his first rally with no tent, very little provisions and still managed to jump right in and have a helping Walter and Mike. It is what makes the weekend possible for us.

Thank you again to my dad and brother for letting us rut and mud the place to death!

Lastly... Id like to thank all of the chickens that gave their life to a firey death... LMAO... so much for that BBQ grill!

Last edited:

Dodge man

Clean Up!

This is how we cleaned the pans. This pan contained the sausage gravy that was left over from breakfast and was used to hold the spaghetti that everyone loved and ate up so quickly.

Attachments

phil2968

some more
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TESdR09O-vc[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6Tq0KWSsU[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N_Gne4mobU[/media]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't take very many pics as usual. A few of the main gathering area here.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Great night shots Kenny!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks