• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 GA Rally Buy/Sell/Trade Thread

zout

With 1943 coming into ATL - if its before the Rally & before we take off the 18th - if there is anything I can do to help them out - YELL

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM, do you want the itty-bitty 1350 foot lengths (uses RL-39's), the medium one mile length (uses the RL-31's), or the monster six mile reel (weighs 285 pounds, and I have no reel unit for them). I have four of the 32,000 foot reels, 8 or 9 of the mediums and a couple of dozen of the tiny DR-8A reels. I'm definitely gonna have to have a convoy of at least two trucks this year!

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If anyone needs fiberglass racks, I will need to know so I can plan on what to pack. I do not plan on bringing any additional racks than what is requested.

I have 105 and 101 rack for 100 a full set.
I have deuce racks for 250 a full set.
I have other racks for various or trucks. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if I have them.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Still looking for a non-gold plated front wiring harness for a M35A2.

Also

a minimum of 2 headsets with boom mikes for the VIC 3 (not VIC 1) with any connector cables to attach it to the crew station.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WM, do you want the itty-bitty 1350 foot lengths (uses RL-39's), the medium one mile length (uses the RL-31's), or the monster six mile reel (weighs 285 pounds, and I have no reel unit for them). I have four of the 32,000 foot reels, 8 or 9 of the mediums and a couple of dozen of the tiny DR-8A reels. I'm definitely gonna have to have a convoy of at least two trucks this year!

Is that field phone wire..? Whats the deal on the wire there SCSG........?

zout

Anyone have any split oak for firewood about 14 to 16 inches long - I need about a garbage bucket (one of those with the flipper lid) full for the grille.

Will trade for beer and pulled pork sandwich's. (yes before the pig is cooked - we are bringing some).
Neil is bringing some but I may need a little extra to make sure I do not give ya all food poisioning [thumbzup]

I have everything else I need for the flames.

Z will need by at least Thur night when the grill fires up.
thx

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don,

Yes it's all field phone wire. I've got a tad over 34 miles of it, the larger reels from a guy in NY who got seven pallets in a GL auction. I bought one pallet from him. It's WD-1A, two conductor joined together (WD-1 is two completely separate conductors) like speaker wire. WD-16 is four conductor wire, which I don't use or need. I'll look up the guy in NY if you are interested in seeing about some.

poppop

Zout, does that oak need to be split or will whole round small pieces work?? I always bring firewood for the campfire which is pine, But I have oak also that I can bring. I am guessing it needs to be dry, but if not we had a small tornado a month ago that blew down about 20 large oak trees on the farm. But I have enough left from last Winter to bring it dry if thats what you need.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don,

Yes it's all field phone wire. I've got a tad over 34 miles of it, the larger reels from a guy in NY who got seven pallets in a GL auction. I bought one pallet from him. It's WD-1A, two conductor joined together (WD-1 is two completely separate conductors) like speaker wire. WD-16 is four conductor wire, which I don't use or need. I'll look up the guy in NY if you are interested in seeing about some.

Do you have a spool of 2 conductor to sell, I can throw it in the back of the oddball when I get there..? The stuff I was looking at for the field phones were NOS from NY and I thought 3-4000' a spool. Whats your thoughts about being waterproof for laying on the bottom of the lake..? I know the answer just wanted your thoughts...?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone needs fiberglass racks, I will need to know so I can plan on what to pack. I do not plan on bringing any additional racks than what is requested.

I have 105 and 101 rack for 100 a full set.
I have deuce racks for 250 a full set.
I have other racks for various or trucks. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if I have them.

I need one lowly little all metal trailer bow, just one!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have any split oak for firewood about 14 to 16 inches long - I need about a garbage bucket (one of those with the flipper lid) full for the grille.

Will trade for beer and pulled pork sandwich's. (yes before the pig is cooked - we are bringing some).
Neil is bringing some but I may need a little extra to make sure I do not give ya all food poisioning [thumbzup]

I have everything else I need for the flames.

Z will need by at least Thur night when the grill fires up.
thx
I have some old stuff- at least 3 years old, maybe 10 chunks or so. I'll toss it into the back of the 814 for ya.

zout

THANKS on the wood - as long as its not pine we're fine (kind of rhymes huh)

non split is fine after the blowtorch is red hot - and I appreciate the posts on wood. We should be good to go then. I just don;t have time to go out back and finish off that ole hickory in the back yard. But there will be two big back of chuck hickory for smoking after she stops squeeling and kicking. That is the best time to shove the apple in her mouth so you do not get your fingers bit off.

Dang I am sooo ready for the rally :jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::driver:

vinny-socom1

I was able to clean out some stuff from my garage today, got a boat load of parts to sell.

deuce/5ton: Most New Old Stock
dash panel
cluster panel
gages
wire harness parts
trailer plugs
windshield seals
west coast mirrors
east coast brackets & 1 mirror
2 front light lens
2 rear light lens
1 tail light assy