• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 GA rally Definite dates???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Maybe we can get better video of it this time. She does need to stretch her legs off road a little. I drive her every chance I get, but haven't been off road since the rally. sigh :-(good times :p. Tell the your wife My seat is saved for her this time. I would love it if she could join me in all the fun we will have and to see what these trucks can do![/QUOTE]

Oh Lord!!!

Sounds like she's gonna try Ron's flying truck routine!!:beer:
But she had a better landing! any landing you can walk away from is a good one! All kidding aside glad Ron came out of that one ok! Wonder if he was able to get that stain out of his seat!:shock:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
But she had a better landing! any landing you can walk away from is a good one! All kidding aside glad Ron came out of that one ok! Wonder if he was able to get that stain out of his seat!:shock:
Haha, before he can work on the stain he has the get the canvas extracted from his arse! LOL

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Is a bringing, buy / sell or wanted threat started yet?

Not yet...I think we outta wait on Grand Master Clinto to give the word.

If we start now it will be 50 pages and morons like me will find it hard to follow:cry:
PB is exactly right and that's why I have held off in creating the "official" thread.

Last year's info thread was HUGE and waaaay too long and it didn't include all the conversation regarding convoys, food or swap meet stuff.

I will probably put the official rally thread up in the next 30 days, but I think what I am going to do is put it up, then lock it so no one can reply and then I'll unlock it maybe 45 or 30 days out. Anyone who has questions can pm me and if necessary, I'll update the original.

I am trying to keep the # of threads and the length of the threads down to a minimum. Imagine a new guy to the site who joins a week before the rally-he'd have to read 300 pages of rally info in order to know everything.

zout

MDWife

Deb had an absolute thrilling time riding with you - she is just amazed at your skill.

Hopefully I can get her Jeep finished - no its not from a lack of trying - as I would really like to see her driving HER jeep out on the trails as well learning.

The night the rest of us were sitting around the fire while you folks were out blazing the trails at night - I knew she was in good hands and I did not see any medivac helicopters flying in - so I knew all was well.
besides - I was toooooo busy having to refill someones tipped over (Crown)glass's on a regular basis (I will not mention the BIG GUYS NAME)
I am bringing a couple large sippy anti spill cups with me this year for him.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB is exactly right and that's why I have held off in creating the "official" thread.

Last year's info thread was HUGE and waaaay too long and it didn't include all the conversation regarding convoys, food or swap meet stuff.

I will probably put the official rally thread up in the next 30 days, but I think what I am going to do is put it up, then lock it so no one can reply and then I'll unlock it maybe 45 or 30 days out. Anyone who has questions can pm me and if necessary, I'll update the original.

I am trying to keep the # of threads and the length of the threads down to a minimum. Imagine a new guy to the site who joins a week before the rally-he'd have to read 300 pages of rally info in order to know everything.
It might have been long at the time but it's a great read now. I enjoyed it and still revisit it.

Reading 300 pages for a new guy??? So what! All he needs is date and location and that is on the first post.

You can't blame us, we have a blast every year and are trying to get a head start on things. I'd bet I'm not the only one with a list going and as you know, made reservations 6 months ago.

mdmorganwife

MDWife

Deb had an absolute thrilling time riding with you - she is just amazed at your skill.

Hopefully I can get her Jeep finished - no its not from a lack of trying - as I would really like to see her driving HER jeep out on the trails as well learning.

The night the rest of us were sitting around the fire while you folks were out blazing the trails at night - I knew she was in good hands and I did not see any medivac helicopters flying in - so I knew all was well.
besides - I was toooooo busy having to refill someones tipped over (Crown)glass's on a regular basis (I will not mention the BIG GUYS NAME)
That would be awesome!!!! I hope you get her jeep finished.

Last edited:

poppop

Hey, you guys saw Mahila's vidioe but you did not see her try to launch her Duece into outer space on a very steep incline in the woods:shock:. She convinced me a Duece will not tip over backwards, but I still will not try it!!! And was one attemp enough, NO, she had to try it at least 10 times. My hat is of to you young Lady, you are an excellent driver and most brave!!

zout

So per Clinto - this is the official talk about the rally non-official thread till 45 days out.
I want to get there early so I can get my chair out and watch Carnac take 3 days to unload almost all of his for sale stuff - Plus get there early to see if that Homeless guys is sleeping in that hamock in the tree's again.

Plus collect all the horse paddies and lay them out over in PB's area.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
So per Clinto - this is the official talk about the rally non-official thread till 45 days out.
I want to get there early so I can get my chair out and watch Carnac take 3 days to unload almost all of his for sale stuff - Plus get there early to see if that Homeless guys is sleeping in that hamock in the tree's again.

Plus collect all the horse paddies and lay them out over in PB's area.

Don't forget to add a few to the "Hooch Water"!!!
Maybe that's what makes me feel like such a stud!!:twisted:

Attachments

mdmorganwife

Hey, you guys saw Mahila's vidioe but you did not see her try to launch her Duece into outer space on a very steep incline in the woods:shock:. She convinced me a Duece will not tip over backwards, but I still will not try it!!! And was one attemp enough, NO, she had to try it at least 10 times. My hat is of to you young Lady, you are an excellent driver and most brave!!
You can ride with me next time if you like

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Wife and I went and scouted out some cabins on Tuesday 6/28 if anyone was needing to get a smaller cabin 55 to 75 a night they are almost gone! They also have a few campers available as well starting at 75 a night! We got the Wolf-den right in front of the entrance to the rally spot. Cant wait this will be the only vacation or time away we will get this year and we saved it for the rally!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
MDWife
I knew she was in good hands and I did not see any medivac helicopters flying in - so I knew all was well.
I don't know WTF yer talkin about troop!
Of course there were no medivac choppers!
They knew it was a hot LZ and I...er somebody was waitin to shoot em down! OOPS...skip that one, wrong thread:)

Rekon ya can find some "bear" sippy cups?

I remember now...Babybear kept jumping on the table and spilling stuff....yeah...that's it...that's the ticket!

I think he ate some pink cherries or sumpin...:twisted:

Attachments

Capt.Marion

Can I start a general "2011 Pre-Rally Jibber-Jabber" thread in the GA Rally section to keep all of our way-early conversation contained? Right now it's getting spread across two threads (this and the 2010 After Action Report thread), which is making my OCD start to itch (you know, kind of like if I was to start a fire in your fireplace)...

poppop

Mahala, theres no way I am riding with you!!!!:shock: You made my old bones ach just watching you attack that hill. I will be more than happy to lead you to the mountain like last year and then just watch you have fun.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Mahala, theres no way I am riding with you!!!!:shock: You made my old bones ach just watching you attack that hill. I will be more than happy to lead you to the mountain like last year and then just watch you have fun.
Poppop I'm afraid we need to sorta step back and watch the younger folks "attack" as you suggested.:grin:

They can still take a hard hit or fall and bounce right back up. If I get a hard hit or fall...I'm gonna need to be recovered!:roll:

Tell ya what...I have some large flash cards numbered 0 thru 9.
Maybe we can stand back and "evaluate" and remember when we could do young stuff...and rate their performance?roflrofl

If anybody disagrees with our "evaluation" we can bomb them with pink cherries!:jumpin::driver:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am chomping at the bit to come to the rally but can't quite justify the solo 2400 trip from Texas in my deuce. I will probably drive my pickup but thought that maybe there was someone along the way in LA , AR or AL who I could meet at their LZ and hitch a ride and share the fuel cost. Anyone interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks