• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 GA rally Definite dates???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makincold

where is the rally and can anyone come for just the day and wander around?
You know, that was my pan last year... Exact plan... It was a BAD idea... DONT do it... Plan to come and stay and meet people!
I'm taking vacation time for this, it's that big and its that fun!
To long of a drive for you to come walk around for a few hours. Next thing you know you will be in the back of a deuce, maybe a mule, a goat or other cool vehicle out on a trail ride and kicking yourself wondering why you didn't plan to stay longer!

This is a great group of people and there is lots to be learned here from knowledgeable people

Remember, you ave been warned to not plan only a few hours :D

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The rally is in Union Point, Ga.; which is East of Athens.

Yes, you are more than welcome to just show up without a vehicle and hang out.

However, you should strongly heed makincold's advice in the post above.

The rally is Oct. 19-23, 2011 at Durhamtown Plantation, in Union Point, Ga. You can check out the 2010 rally info thread for more info; most everything this year will be the same except for the dates.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/53347-official-2010-ss-ga-rally-info-thread.html

The updated website will be ready in the next day or so as well: Coming Soon!

The official 2011 rally thread will be up this weekend.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you like home cooking plan bring an appetite with you.

SS member SCSG-G4 has a Mobile kitchen Trailer (MKT) and knows how to use it......we usually get there Wed and get it set up. We prepare three meals a day (including sack lunches for the trailriders) and breakfast on Sun morning.

At night we sit around the campfire and tell war stories and maybe even some lies.

Adult beverages are allowed as long as you have adult supervison and behave yourself.

You never know what strange and exotic vehicles, critters or people will show up.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Can Northern vendors set up down there .
We would be glad to have you.

We are so over that whole "War of Northern Agression" thing.

Yankees are welcome, encourged to spend money and then expected to leave.rofl

Unless you emigrate here......then you become a "Dam Yankee" and we will accept you as one of us in 10-15 years......provided that you don't tell us how you did it up north all the time.:p:p

poppop

Hey, all you Yanks are at least going to have to try my stone ground grits and boiled peanuts. I don't care if you don't like them but you at least have to try them.:D:D:D We like to see the faces you make when sampling.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
POPPOP,your grits, ROSTED peanuts, and corn syrup or what ever that was was YUM<YUM<YUM ECT

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, all you Yanks are at least going to have to try my stone ground grits and boiled peanuts. I don't care if you don't like them but you at least have to try them.:D:D:D We like to see the faces you make when sampling.
You can tell a Yankee if they don't know what to do with a boiled peanut. Stone ground grits and boiled peanuts sound good to me. :beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We would be glad to have you.
We are so over that whole "War of Northern Agression" thing.
Yankees are welcome, encourged to spend money and then expected to leave.rofl
Unless you emigrate here......then you become a "Dam Yankee" and we will accept you as one of us in 10-15 years......provided that you don't tell us how you did it up north all the time.:p:p
Well...that's sorta true...unless your name is Sherman or Grant!:roll:

mdmorganwife

:drool:mmmmmm. Still can't find grits anywhere that is as good as yours...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Not a big fan of grits but if people say they are good I will try them.
They have to be cooked correctly or its like having a mouth full of BB's (under done).

They should be slightly thick but not soupy. Salt and butter should be cooked in with them.

Best eaten with over medium fried eggs mixed in. Add biscuits and ham and you have a real breakfast meal.

Some people put sugar in them and eat them like Farina or Cream of Wheat but I don't do sweet grits.

oddshot

Grits and maple syrup!!!!

We were so poor when I was growing up ... they told us Grits with sugar or maple syrup was icecream.

And CORN BREAD?!?!? Sweet or straight ... don't make no never mind to me .... its ALL good.

When the US and A Army sent me to Fort Jackson back in 19 and 70 ... I was all like ... SO WHERE HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!!

And all I seen up til then was Fort Jackson ... and Columbia, SC.

I vowed back then ... if I EVER got two nickles to rub together ... I'd RUN on down South to spend the rest of my days. The Lord, God just ain't put no finer place on this here ol' earth.

Like I said before ... big green trucks and ol' Jimmy Roger and Hank Williams tunes ...

or marksmanship like they used to teach it over at Toccoa

...decisions ... decisions ...

oddshot

BTW ... I do remember a time when they used to serve grits with EVERY meal in the south.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.