• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Graves Mountain Virginia Rally - Labor Day Weekend

rideni

Cabell I am free this Sunday as well if you need some more help. I can put my chainsaw in the trunk of my miata and head down.
Or not, have to go work on hostile takeover with the lawyers

Last edited:

CGarbee

The registration is in the mail... looking forward to doing this again! Oh yeah... and don't forget the bug spray! :idea:
Got the registration yesterday...
Good to see that I am not the only one who is still up in the air on what I am driving to the event... :)

I'm planning on the XM813, M274A5, and if all goes well the XM708...

CGarbee

Cabell I am free this Sunday as well if you need some more help. I can put my chainsaw in the trunk of my miata and head down.
Or not, have to go work on hostile takeover with the lawyers
Help Sunday would be appreciated. I'll be on site through mid-afternoon... Just swing by the Lodge office in the morning and ask for me :)

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question, this 5 day event. Is this located at a park..? Need to know if I'm bringing the tents or a camper.
What is the preferred lodging of choice....?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Either one will work. It's located in a large (300 acre) field below the Graves Mountain Lodge. I've slept in my car and in a tent, many folks sleep in their campers (military and otherwise), some stay at the Lodge (for those that think 'Motel 6' is roughing it) or one of the guest houses at the lodge If you use Google Earth (satellite), take a look at coordinates 38.492534, -78.327607. That is where the showers are located (hot water showers, BTW). General store is at 38.488557, -78.326854, and the lodge office is at 38.487607, -78.332447. HTH

powerhouseduece

I can only help out for a few hours on Sunday, I have to be back in time for my fathers birthday dinner. I'm still coming down and hope to be there at 9am, but have to bail out by 1300. For all that know my dad, please wish him a happy 100th birthday on Sunday. :twisted:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be there Sunday to help instead of Saturday - I messed up my wrist working on the farm digging rocks yesterday, can't move my wrist around too much. By going Sunday I hope it will have an extra day to get better before I have to use it doing hard labor again.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I'll be there Sunday to help instead of Saturday - I messed up my wrist working on the farm digging rocks yesterday, can't move my wrist around too much. By going Sunday I hope it will have an extra day to get better before I have to use it doing hard labor again.
Ya, working on the farm is a OLD excuse for a over used wrist, you should have just switched wrist, almost like :deadhorse:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, yeah. Thanks for the jackass comments guys. It was the family farm, I was digging up rocks, and I messed up my left wrist. My right wrist is what I use for the playboys, so the jokes on you.

CGarbee

I'm amphilbilous...so I can use both hands... :)

I'm at Graves as I type this (on the office computer while my fried rainbow trout dinner digests...), so whenever you get here, I'm here... It's hot enough that we may not do much heavy cutting, just trimming and GPS'ing...

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm amphilbilous...so I can use both hands... :)

I'm at Graves as I type this (on the office computer while my fried rainbow trout dinner digests...), so whenever you get here, I'm here... It's hot enough that we may not do much heavy cutting, just trimming and GPS'ing...
Fried rainbow trout, that sounds so good...love fish...

powerhouseduece

Well, we had a blast working on the trails. Got 1 loop just about done, I had to roll out to take care of a sick girlfriend but I'm sure mike and Cabell are still busting butt on finishing. I so wish I could make it in September but I have to work.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the loop done except for a couple large logs we need to hit with a chain saw, and we can get that done right before the rally. All the debris is cleared and ready for a line of offroaders.

Good news is, according to Cabell, we have approximately 8-10 miles of NEW trails that were not in existence last year! This is in addition to approximately 15-20 miles of trails that were around last time, so every year we're going to grow this network, and map it using GPS so that way we can make a trail map for everyone to use in the future.

Glad you can help, Matt! See you at Gilbert...

Graves Mtn Rally

Steve & Laura Are Going To Be At The Graves Mtn Event In Sept. Also In Nelson County The Same Weekend Is The 19Th Annual Tidewater FourWheelers Trail Ride & Poker Run. Sept 3-4 . The New Changes In The Va Ride At Nelson County Messed Up Our Schedule. So Instead Of Our Lapping We Always Stick To Our Originial Plans. Thanks Laura

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks