• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Haspin pic/video thread

TACTICAL6

I felt bad that you got stuck, so I went and pretended to get stuck, yea; that's it, I pretended!
Thanks again Greg for everything this weekend, Michael and I felt at home, and your hospitality is most appreciated!
thanks for letting me get stuck, so Michael could practice using the winch..... good job by the way...Michael.

Westech

CPL
You know all the kids drove.. most of us drove it, I drove it all over the place all week and Kipp gets on it and with in 5 min he has a flat tire and the shifter knob falls off.
Maybe we need to get a stick like at the bumper car rides.. "you must be this tall to ride" that way we can keep Kipp from destroying it and the kids can still drive it.

davey8943

If you are referring to when I wrenched the 1009, that was no problem, but the shear pin didn't much care for the sudden jerk when you was trying to help then lost traction.
Thanks for the pull! We didn't get a chance to catch your name after the recovery, too much going on I guess...

I think what popped your shear pin was the running the chain into the drum. Your cable man (I wonder who that was... :roll: THIS GUY!) missed the fact that the cable was getting short.

No matter what the cause, both of these are good examples of things to watch out for in the future!

Dave

hdmax

From my seat in the deuce, all I could see was the trees, and the hill across the way. My son said it looked like the 1009 was coming up the hill at 15 mph, if that's the case, it was my fault for running the rpm to high! (I had the throttle set at about 1300 rpm, but the winch shifter was giving me fits, so I was most likely in high, instead of low, as I always winch in.))
Thanks for the pull! We didn't get a chance to catch your name after the recovery, too much going on I guess...

I think what popped your shear pin was the running the chain into the drum. Your cable man (I wonder who that was... :roll: THIS GUY!) missed the fact that the cable was getting short.

No matter what the cause, both of these are good examples of things to watch out for in the future!

Dave

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know all the kids drove.. most of us drove it, I drove it all over the place all week and Kipp gets on it and with in 5 min he has a flat tire and the shifter knob falls off.
Maybe we need to get a stick like at the bumper car rides.. "you must be this tall to ride" that way we can keep Kipp from destroying it and the kids can still drive it.

That is just too famn dunny

1stSarge

Working with Kip---Put me and him in a sealed room with two steel ball bearings, and he will break one and I will lose the other.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Gimp, I liked your last AVATAR a LOT better, your current one is a after breakfast one

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well Ron, my last avatar only lasted about 20hrs. I guess it wasn't really "family friendly". I bet your talking about "Angie's trip" avatar, it was good, but it was time for a new one.

Oldgrunt

What a great time. Don't forget your inner tubes next year everyone, that float down the river was great. Michell thanks to you and Westy for watching my undys (wink wink), boy did things get weird this year or what?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks