• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 MTA Swapmeet Dates

krall

its worth it

heck yeah its worth it, I set up but I am from south central PA and I will not miss this show, it was much better in my eyes then any other show I did last year, approx 10 or so and I did aberdeen, I like this one the best!!

FormerNewMVGuy

heck yeah its worth it, I set up but I am from south central PA and I will not miss this show, it was much better in my eyes then any other show I did last year, approx 10 or so and I did aberdeen, I like this one the best!!

Thanks for the kind words! We try like heck to always make it the best...:D

jatonka

IMHO, this is the BEST show going. Not as many vendors as Aberdeen, in the past, but more than any other Eastern US show, and growing fast every year. Also much better organization than any show I have ever attended. They totally have it down to a science and it is a fun place to be. For both the buyer and seller there isn't a better place, I know people who come every year from as far as Michigan and don't blink an eye at the distance from home. Let's hear from some distant attendees, maybe they come from even further away? JT out

emr

Thanks emmado ... actually on sunday we may have an obstacle course for the kids in the display area.... and anyone else who wants to run it, i am trying to get a drill instructor hat or 2, ... newmvguy Scott will sure make a good one!!! He is scary now, :) rofl

FormerNewMVGuy

Thanks emmado ... actually on sunday we may have an obstacle course for the kids in the display area.... and anyone else who wants to run it, i am trying to get a drill instructor hat or 2, ... newmvguy Scott will sure make a good one!!! He is scary now, :) rofl

I'm much to laid back and shy and quiet for that stuff....

Srjeeper

This is just a rumor, but....

Scot, ya tell Randy he's jumpin out of the hot air ballon yet?

I'm pretty sure the chute I got ya for him will work, OK.

Bet that'll bring folks in when word gets out...:beer:

emr

srjeeper ... I think that NOS parachute is for covering cord wood, but what they hey, just ty it tight to my hand truck and make sure I make it clear of the basket... :jumpin:[thumbzup] OH BY THE WAY TO ALL ... !!!... THE HELICOPTER IS COMING SUNDAY!!!!!!! maybe a blackhawk or heuy we have had either in years past, all hurdles have been jumped and it is a BIG GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope they miss the balloon :) It wil hang around for a few hours for all to check it out, we had a Blackhawk land hang out and do a few awesome flybys at our annual picnic we do with the Red Ball guys last year, and the 30ish beautiful blond babe pilot really made that bird do a few things, This is a very big event please come on out and enjoy time with us, Remember U are welcome to come friday early AM ONLY if U are working the show OR DISPLAYING a VEHICLE !!!! FRIDAY has been turning fast into a very BIG and special early bird show This is the only way to get to the vendors before everyone else does, and the only way to get in is with a vehicle to display or actually work the show, all others will be turned away until saturday... NO PUBLIC YET ! and this is the biggest hands down show that has thousands of John Q public buying everything they can get there hands on, if U are a vendor U do not want to miss this show, we are ALREADY SOLD OUT of MORE than we rented !!!!! BUT it is a BIG fair ground and we are in the process of renting more space !!!!!!!!!!!! This year is going to be the biggest yet for sure... !!!!!

OH DID I MENTION WE are HAVING A SPECIAL GAMA GOAT CATEGORY FOR JUDGING !!!!!!!!!!just an fyi, incase someone was thinking of brining a Gama Goat... And like every year SS is welcome to pick and judge a vehicle for this site and offer an award if U guys want, it is an open invitation every year....

Last edited:

emr

for what its worth it takes me close to 20 hours to get everything to the show and i am an hour away... :) :driver:[thumbzup]:driver: well for me its both ways for the 20, but there is a 20 in it :) :jumpin: CARNAC We really appreciate ALL U do to make it . :):):):)

Srjeeper

srjeeper ... I think that NOS parachute is for covering cord wood, but what they hey, just ty it tight to my hand truck and make sure I make it clear of the basket... :jumpin:[thumbzup] OH BY THE WAY TO ALL ... !!!... THE HELICOPTER IS COMING SUNDAY!!!!!!! maybe a blackhawk or heuy we have had either in years past, all hurdles have been jumped and it is a BIG GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope they miss the balloon :)

Randy, I think that's what Scott had planned for it after your jump......he mentioned something about havin to cover something up....rofl

Blonds, Helicopters, MV's, Bargans, OD Everything and a guy bein tossed out of a baloon with a WWI parachute.........What reason would you possibly have for not comin to see all this..:cookoo: :roll:

Last edited:

WWIILBird

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for deuce troop seats preferably fiberglass but very good condition wood would do, please PM me. Thanks

M42Dodge

Minor detail that the show might consider. Let the vehicles park before registering. I got caught in a jam with a few other vehicles last year while the people registered. Kind of hairy with so many people walking around and trying to back out of the spot they told me to go to before parking the truck on display.

Great show, as it aleays has been. I have a handful of newbies to the MV hobby coming too.

TJ