• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 PNW Mini Rally #4

Machinist22

Awesome!

DUDE!!! You guys are awesome! I am new on this site and desparately want a Duece or 5-ton 6x6. I have read through this thread and many others and I am really impressed with the community here. I would love to get to know some you you guys here in the PNW. I grew up over in the Monroe/Sultan area. Went through my teen years 4-wheeling up in the Cascades, Reiter Pit, and Sultan Basin.

Now I'm over in the Northeast Corner of WA in Colville. If I had a rig I would definitely make the trip for a mini rally (or maxi one too). Maybe by this time next year I'll be able to join in the festivities with the rest of you-all.

Looking and hoping,

Jim

srodocker

Welcome aboard jim! hopefully you pick up a deuce or 5 ton sooner for the PNW rally this summer! you can always bring a civi vehicle and check some of our rigs out.

wsucougarx

Wecome aboard Jim, we'd love to have you join our ranks!! If you don't have a MV no problem! Just show up in whatever you're driving. Mark your calendar for the 3rd weekend in July for our BIG rally/convoy.

64c30

There's a really nice 109 camper listed on CL right now

It's also on ebay with 1 bid so far.

I know this truck. Long story short, I'd buy it in a hot second if the funds were available. There's a lot more that's been done to it than what's listed.

Anybody seen all the Freightliners located in Louisiana listed on GL? ****! What a time to be broke! :???:

srodocker

man the 109 does look nice! i havent seen the freightliners i'll have to check it out.

yea cant wait for 5$ a gal and i'll be running my WMO heheh

64c30

Never actually inquired. No $$$ no sense in asking. Know what I mean?

But the ad is still up... hmmmm?

I dislike Craigslist flakes, sellers or buyers. Maybe he just listed it to see what kind of response he would get, or someone listed it for him 'special'. The kindly neighbor that wants that hunk of steel out of the yard, it's making my property go down in value...

Um, neighbor, it ain't the green steel that's doing it. Its the economy!

I just sold a POS RV on CL. The number of scammers, spammers and assorted nut cases is mind boggling. And it's scary knowing there are so many of those types out there. More so knowing they breed.

Many times I've responded to a CL listing, either to be ignored, or bombed with spam having nothing related to the item being sold.

Machinist22

pictures anyone?

Since I'm new here, is there a thread or dedicated place on this forum where I can view TONS of pictures of members rigs. I've been oogling over all the avatars but they are very small and low quality. I need pics!

Also, any members near my area (Northeastern WA), and any events/rallies up here?

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:

64c30

Since I'm new here, is there a thread or dedicated place on this forum where I can view TONS of pictures of members rigs. I've been oogling over all the avatars but they are very small and low quality. I need pics!

Thanks,

Jim
Welcome aboard!

Pics can be enlarged by mousing over the pic, then clicking. The pic wil double (approx) in size for better viewing.

Machinist22

pictures

That's cool. Thanks for the input. I saw one avatar that was a Deuce that had the front one of the rear axles removed and had a custom crew cab built. That is what I am planning on doing for the family to ride around with me. I am also planning on setting up a wood gasification unit if I can land a multi-fuel truck. That way fuel costs can go up as high as they want to and I'll be running on wood chips.:grin:

Anyone out there doing anything to these rigs in the alternative fuel realm?

Thanks,

Jim

hwcurtice

Oh, sorry. We used my dad's Ford F150. It's a 4x4 and sits up high, plus he has a pintle mount that raises up from the trailer hitch. Basically it makes the truck level with the trailer.

Not much to say about the pickup. It's my fourth recovery from Ft Lewis so I have the system down pretty good and nothing special happened while we were there.

The trailer is in nice shape, except the paint is peeling in places. It cost $515 + fees.

Here's the trailer:
I need to get a hitch like that. I've seen one online, but for $70.00 plus the shipping is another $30.00 aua. I'm hoping to find something closer that I can go and pick up. I'd really like to get my trailer leveled out.

Hammer

Well, looks like I DO have the 12th off!
So, seeing as I did get the transmission back in the M1009, maybe we will show up in that...

Hammer

Yeah, doubt it will happen for a bit either. Trying to find a place to buy, and that never leaves anything left over for 'toys'...
BUT, if things go right, I will at least have ROOM for my toys!