• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 PNW Mini Rally #4

hwcurtice

Being as this is just about a week away, I wonder if we should do a roll call soon to see who will be there?

Just a thought....

BTW, I ordered the tail lights for the trailer. Going to get the ties and adapter tomorrow after work. I'll be ready.

All I'll need to do is figure a simple, yet neat way to mount the license plate on the thing without it falling off or looking like, well, Scott's wrists... ;-)

srodocker

srodocker
AN/ARC186
wsucougarx
AaronW
Josh
hwcurtice
Stalwart
Jinx
REO 54
Medic5050
Hammer
b2948kevin
wanderingwillys
Amer-team
Alex400
64c30

so far..thats like a week old and been talking to people via PM's

Stalwart

Mark, I think Dave ("Reo 53" or somethin') was planning to meet me here and we'd load pallets into his truck, as presents for Brad. Plese let me get back to you but I was thinking about 0815 at that same Exit as last year. That should put us at Dan's house @ 0900 +- a few minutes. Sound OK?

wsucougarx

Oh that reminds me. I spoke to Brad about the pallets. His only request is they are usable pallets without broken boards. Someone was very gracious to have dropped off 6-10 pallets. However, most were broken and he ended up burning most all of them. He appreciated the effort but said it made more work for him.

Jinx

::Cough cough:: Harold works great... and Curtice spells better....

just saying....

Should I have a sign line built for this forum?
Well, I don't know you personally yet, so I was keeping it formal. As for spellin, it never was my strong suite. Sorry. :-(

Mark, I think Dave ("Reo 53" or somethin') was planning to meet me here and we'd load pallets into his truck, as presents for Brad. Plese let me get back to you but I was thinking about 0815 at that same Exit as last year. That should put us at Dan's house @ 0900 +- a few minutes. Sound OK?
That would work fine for me. Just keep me posted if things change.

Josh

So anyone whos coming from the south. Im planing on leaving Portland around 0530. If anyone wants to meet and convoy up. the best place is Janzen Beach I would say.

I plan on crusing around 52ish. So if thats good with ya, let me know.

Alex400

i am starting to get frustrated. it turns out we have another concert and rehearsal that day in one of my music groups. so i won't be able to make it down. I will be at the summer rally though for sure. pissed.......

So anyone whos coming from the south. Im planing on leaving Portland around 0530. If anyone wants to meet and convoy up. the best place is Janzen Beach I would say.

I plan on crusing around 52ish. So if thats good with ya, let me know.
Probably going to civy it up there. I know we'll cross paths before we get there, so if you see a silver Trailblazer pull off on the freeway, keep driving by, unless I text you otherwise. We'll try and get some good pics of you passing us.

Also, if you need anything or end up running in to trouble, text or call me and we'll find you on the way and lend whatevwer is needed to get you back on the road.

hwcurtice

Say, NW people, where did you actually get your Deuces from? Auction? Private party?

I know I haven't seen many, if any, at Ft. Lewis GL auctions recently, although I did see some in there when I went in to pick my trailer up.

So, fess up, y'all!

Last edited:

Josh

Say, NW people, where did you actually get your Dueces from? Auction? Private party?

I know I haven't seen many, if any, at Ft. Lewis GL auctions recently, although I did see some in there when I went in to pick my trailer up.

So, fess up, y'all!

Craigslist. He bought it from GL in Ohio and drove it home. Then he bought a 109 locally and firesold my deuce. From the time it was listed until I was on my way to his house with cash - 18 minutes.

Only reason is had seen the truck a few months prior at the sand dunes. Funny thing, this vid is from my truck, a few months before I bought her.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epNHDMmPYzg&playnext=1&list=PLC7D5136D2795D732[/media]

Jinx

I bought mine through GL and had it shipped from Draper, Utah. It was the configuration I wanted. All the ones selling at Ft. Lewis didn't have hard tops or cab heaters. I wanted both.

wsucougarx

Say, NW people, where did you actually get your Deuces from? Auction? Private party?

So, fess up, y'all!
Ok here we go

1971 GPD M35A2----Fort Lewis GL
1968 KJ M35A2------Fort Lewis GL
1966 KJ M35A2------Camp Withycombe, OR GL
1986 AMG M35A2C----Private Sale
1988 AMG M35A2C---Kleiver Armory, OR GL
1988 AMG M109A3---Fort Lewis GL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks