• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Uwharrie Rally Pics

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, looks like a nice time. Is this the rally that used to be mostly ol power wagons in the Uwharrie? Looks like it has changed into a general military theme now....

Maybe I'll drive on down next year....

ranger.41

There was a Power Wagon Rally at the Uwharrie in 2008. This Rally Neil Hendrix started, Istarted going to it in 2009. It may have been going on longer than that.
ranger.41

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Pretty crappy weather on Friday , great weather on Saturday & Sunday. Trail rides for the Smaller vehicles . Deuces won`t fit on the narrow trails.

Thanks to everyone who came out to make this a great rally. N.C. , S.C. were well represented.

Door prizes , everyone got a least 1 thanks to Mike bike for all the goodies.
Thanks to Walter for the large load of fire wood that was well used especially on Friday.
Thanks to Cabell & Adam for feeding everyone.
Thanks to Don for being our guide, he helped blaze the trails many years ago at Uwharrie.Thanks To Rich for soft drinks and trips to wally world.
Thanks to anyone I`ve forgotten you guys know how my mind .

Neil

Last edited:

Docuscg

Hi Guys, Please keep me in mind for the next rally in NC. Love a path in the woods. Sound like you all had a great time! In the mean time ,keep fixing up the trucks. May really need them in the next few years with the weather and all. See YA

CJ9/Granny

Thanks to Don for being our guide, he helped blaze the trails many years ago at Uwharrie.
Thank you Neil for the compliment. I am not necessarily correcting you, but I do feel the need to say that I can not take credit for blazing the trails at Uwharrie. I did, for a good number of years, serve as a volunteer maintaining the OHV trail system. I have had a hand in installing most of the split rail fence that you see in various locations, and I also helped with most of the corduroy (round logs) bridges throughout the forest. In the later '90s my wife and I put together an OHV trail map that was at one time handed out to people by some of the FS folks. This map can still be downloaded today.

IROC99

Lots of fun, and great fellowship!! Really enjoyed my first MV rally. Thanks Neil and all the rest of you guys for making this a great trip for me and Tracy.

IROC99

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
All I can say is as long as I am able we`ll keep having the rally. All we can do is get bigger and better.

If anyone has any ideas for improvement please let me know .

Thanks everyone.

Neil

CGarbee

Has Cabell boycotted Steel Soldiers altogether?

Nope, I'm still here...but not often... :(

New job, working around twelve to thirteen hours each day. No time most days to check the site during the day and half the time I am too tired to check when I get home.

Hopefully, things will relax in a few months and I'll be able to get online more often, but I'm not really holding my breath on that. My staff is at a 30% vacancy rate right now...

wb1895

I don't know Neil, it was pretty darn good just the way it was :) Thank you Rick and Tracy for letting the kids and I tag along and a BIG thank you to Neil for putting the whole thing together and for COFFEE. Great food, great fun and great people made this a great weekend.

Melissa

CGarbee

I had a great time and a much needed break from the "big city." There is nothing like a weekend in the woods relaxing with a bunch of friends. A big shout out goes to Walter for helping me to set up the MKT in the rain and for loaning me his spare cot since mine was down for the count.
Not all of his firewood got burnt... A bunch of it was used to support the MKT and is now in the back of my XM813 ready for future deployment.

Thanks also to Don for taking me out in Granny, Adam for all his help with and in the MKT and for getting the food, and for Neil for instigating the event.

CJ9/Granny

A big "THANK YOU" goes out to all for your friendship and hospitality. We had a great time, and a spot on next year's calendar is already reserved to do it again. As wb1895 stated, it was pretty darn good just the way it was. However, the weather on Friday was a bit questionable and I'm counting on Neil to fix that next time! :mrgreen:

tgtaylor64

Awesome weekend! I really enjoyed meeting and talking with all of you! Thanks for letting Rick and I drive the big M35A2. After only a few miles, it was a blast. Thanks to Jim for taking us back to his place to let us rummage through his yard and shop (I'll take the half-track and a Huey). Walter and Melissa's boys were a joy to be around and quite helpful in the battery tie-down department. The food was great and it was fun to learn about others rides. I want to attend more of these with the family and others new to the hobby, i.e., obsession.