• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Wa State Mini Rally #5

hwcurtice

So we get a call this morning from my brother-in-law and he says, "you want to come by and drive a 2011 Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe?" Is this a trick question, I ask myself. We arrive in the showroom and drool over the 2012 Lamborghini Aventador in flat black paint, that just arrived last week. I gotta say, its the first Lambo I've ever liked in person. Anyway I digress, he hands me the keys to the Roller and tells me to bring it back tomorrow. Aside from a helicoper, never operated something so expensive or nice. The bad part is I could sell ALL my toys (MV content) and still not have enough to afford one, maybe only a small down payment. Now I know why people like them, I'll never be an owner of one, but I can at least understand why. Now I gotta take it back :cry:
Next time, call your friends too! I can drool with the best of them.

Of course, I saw a Lambo a couple years ago at my Chiropractor's office. The guy that was driving it, a dealer, was letting my chiropractor borrow it for the weekend... Nice cars. But he didn't share either....:evil:

Stalwart

It's like this for me, a nice wine tastes good; Grey Poupon tastes just fine as well. The truth is, I'd rather have a beer and yellow mustard with my burger. My favorite car to drive is still my pickup (in a pinch I'll steal my wife's Raptor pickup). I was once a car guy, loved exotics and the like, now I bleed OD green. The champaign tasted good, now where did I set my beer? :beer:

hwcurtice

It's like this for me, a nice wine tastes good; Grey Poupon tastes just fine as well. The truth is, I'd rather have a beer and yellow mustard with my burger. My favorite car to drive is still my pickup (in a pinch I'll steal my wife's Raptor pickup). I was once a car guy, loved exotics and the like, now I bleed OD green. The champaign tasted good, now where did I set my beer? :beer:
Maybe the next rally should be at Stuart's BIL's place? Test drive some of the cars.

Not sure what they would think of all those true OD Green exotics on his lot!

srodocker

btw guys. WA Lottery has a raffle going for Supporting our troops. its a 10$ ticket but i think all money goes to vets. the raffle is on 11/11/11 vets day and its like 50k top prize. i bought one and will probably buy one more.

heres a updated roster with whose bringing what

Medic5050 - breakfast rolls?
ZackRidesRed
AaronW
one eye
wsucougarx
Fort Powell - 2 cases of pop/water
hwcurtice
SFGABN@5th
Olywadan - hes got the buns hahhahaha
BadMastard -grill and meat???
goodguyzy -grill and the hamburger fixings
Loco_Hosa
Firehound
jets1959
Josh
scoutmanadam
REO 54
AN/ARC186
rolling18
stalwart - chairs and chips, a table
srodocker - hamburgers
the Canadian

anything else?

Stalwart

The $470,000 wonder has gone back to it's proper home. They are trying to get us a Ghost next week, the Pinto of the RR line. :shock:

Stalwart

Somewhere :D . . . the small "cheap" RR. I should have said Yugo, it wouldn't have been so confusing. :oops:

I know why they trust me, but what's the point, I ain't ever gonna buy one unless it's in 1:24 scale.

wsucougarx

Uh huh, yah right Scott. You're going over to Brad's to do a pre-rally look over of what Brad is selling before we see it...haha. I was thinking about parking. There's a ton of area around his shop for us to park. One place would the field that's off to the right as you enter and go down his road. It's the one where you have to drive down between his shop and caboose, then hang a right just after the pile of towbars. Then again, I'm sure all those once clear fields are probably filled up with brush by now:shock:

hwcurtice

Which exit is the Walmart off of that we're all meeting up at?

I'd really dislike to get to the wrong one.

I heard Lacey and I heard Hawks Prairie Walmart. Same place?

I is so confuseded....

wsucougarx

Harold it is the same place. Not sure what the exit number is. It's the same exit as if you were headed to Cabelas. Probably just google for the address and plug it into your gps. Of you get there early zy probably be there already....sleeping in his truck

Last edited:

hwcurtice

Harold it is the same place. Not sure what the exit number is. It's the same exit as if you were headed to Cabelas. Probably just google for the address and plug it into your gps. Of you get there early zy probably be there already....sleeping in his truck

South bound I-5: First exit top of the hill from Nisqually? Or second exit?

Marvin Road Exit.... First exit... I see it on Google Maps...

The Internet is our friend....

Last edited:

wsucougarx

First exit at the top of the nisq valley. Then youll turn left and go over theoverpass. Then youll turn right at the second light ( right after the fuel station). Head down yo the turn about and youll see walmart.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks