• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Western WA Dec. Rally, Graham, WA

What date works best for the Dec Rally? (Select all availabe dates please)

• Sat, Dec 10th

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Sun, Dec 11th

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Sun, Dec 18th

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • another day (please let me know which one)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amer-team

Well, while you guys were out playing with the heavy metal, I was off amusing myself with vintage tin. Here are a couple of pics of our run into the Olympics yesterday. It was so nice, didn't even have to put the top on the jeep. 1st Sgt. Gifford was practicing with his CCKW to do the Alcan next summer with MVPA.

Attachments

Fort Powell

Firehound,
Thanks for hosting the rally. I had a great time swapping gear and stories. The food was great!

I already marked my calendar for the big rally in July.

Attachments

Last edited:

Firehound

The wife is 100% the idea of a monthly rally here... Bring your wives and girlfriends (but not both at once please!) And your kids and we will make it a family outing! (Before I get a duce, I should get a playground for the kiddies...)

wsucougarx

Firehound if you get several MV's they make great playground climbing toys;-). My kids climb all over mine. Luckily they haven't lost their footing yet 'cause it's a long ways down:-(. I've already hounded Aaron about July already:oops:. Did Brad make it up to the rally?

Last edited:

BadMastard

No Brad.

If you had been looking for a lmtv top though, you could of had three!!

I saw a great m151 heater setup in Scott's truck though, and now I want one!

Plus, the Marines were well represented, with two very nice looking black trucks, and one deuce with more wiring than most ocean liners. I think we will use Dan's truck lights to distract them while Ed and I sneak up.

goodguyzy

looks like a good time, hope to make a few next year.
PS you guys are really lucky to have a group, I would have a rally down here but it would be just me, myself and I. I do have enough trucks for my own rally though, ha ha ha ...........

srodocker

You oregon guys or eastern wa guys make a rally im sure some of us from over here will drive over!!!

I had a blast. anyone else have to take off their sweatshirt on the drive home because it was to warm in the cab? :driver::beer:
I didnt take any pics. and took aaron, danny, morgan, and I on a little detour driving hahahahha. yea aaron that 900 can pull the hill! your face when you saw that cop go past us when we were pulled over was funny hahahahahhah

so amer team! those pics are great how was it up top? is that where we should plan or jan rally?!?!? anyone?!?!?

Firehound

So I went to that junkyard to look into that gutted CUCV with a personnel carrier rear. The lovely gentleman behind the counter wanted "a couple grand" for it because the body has "got to be worth alot". never mind the body is in poor condition, and wold need work just to get the rear doors to close. So I'm gonna listen to my wife and save my $$ for a duce!!

hwcurtice

So I went to that junkyard to look into that gutted CUCV with a personnel carrier rear. The lovely gentleman behind the counter wanted "a couple grand" for it because the body has "got to be worth alot". never mind the body is in poor condition, and wold need work just to get the rear doors to close. So I'm gonna listen to my wife and save my $$ for a duce!!
I'd have him pull it on a scale and give him what it's worth that way. BUt then, from the pictures, it still might be overpriced...

Yeah, save the bucks for a real truck!