• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 6th Anual Florida Steel Soldiers Rally - February 16th-19th

jonflies

Yes, we found the location second attempt, used a satellite view on the iPad and continued on. Had a great time. Thanks for the ride in the Pinzgauer. Next year I'll be better prepared.:lol:

poppop

Welcome aboard jonflies. My Wife says ask Kenny how long it took for her to find the spot following his directions.roflOf course it was after dark when she was tring to find it. She also says ask devilman if he has seen any bears lately. She is sure they are there because we have some here in East Ga. now, so they have to have some in Fl, right??

I am sure everyone is having a blast. We wish we were there with you.:D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rally is certainly smaller this year. With that said, it's much more personal. Mike has outdone himself on the food. Prime rib was to die for and the pulled pork the best I've ever eaten. Far and away the best rally food to date. We had some decent sticks today as well. Weather a bit warm but tolerable. Once again, the Floridianson surplus showers are one of the highlights of this event. This is a great combination of fun, fellowship and green iron. Lloyd,we need to get you and Deanna here again.

poppop

We will work towards that end for next year Kenny. Still wish we were there but will see you in Ga in Oct. Take care my FRIEND and have a ball.

phil2968

The rally is winding down. I'm the last one by the fire. There have been good times had by all. Just saw Mike tending the fire in the smoker for tomorrow morning. The rally has run it's course. I have had a good time despite it all. I will be here next year. The food was excellent the weather and fellowship even greater. I really appreciate all Mike does to make this happen. I hope the rest of you that made it in 08 and 09 could return one day.
I found out what a bobber could and could not do.
It will be tested more a the 12SSGR!
Thanks Mike for hosting a great rally!

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any photographic evidence of this alleged event?

Dodge man

I got got home from the rally. It was much smaller than last year but we still had a great time. No MKT this year but Mike bought three times a much food as we could eat and no one went hungry! I was a day late getting there and missed the prime rib Friday night but we had left overs the next day and it was still delicious! Mike slow cooked a HUGE pile of pork from Friday night till Saturday afternoon and then pulled it apart and made some outstanding barbecue!

Mike has done a lot of work on the place and has raised the road in by probably two feet. We had absolutely no trouble getting in or out. H also added a drainage ditch on one side of the road so the place was much drier. In fact, there was no standing water on the "drag strip" behind the camp so it was a piece of cake to get through. At least it was until Phil's bobber tore the **** out of it and then even the Pinzs were getting stuck! The place was pretty dry everywhere but it rained very lightly most of this weekend and things started getting very slick and muddy even though there was no standing water.

I forgot my camera aua But Phil took plenty of pictures.

Everyone had a good time and I'd like to thank Mike for hosting it. Thanks Mike!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just walked in the door. Tired and only took a few pics but can't post them from this tablet so others will need to step up. Was certainly a memorable event and a great stress reliever. It's so nice to only have a 4 hour drive home.

Added pics, only ones I took. Pick the one you like best, all about the same shot.

Attachments

Last edited:

phil2968

Here is some for you. More to come with video later.

Attachments

phil2968

A few more.

Attachments

sak00

We also want to give Mike a "Big Thank You" We had a blast this weekend and always look forward to this rally coming around each year.

Another top notch event. [thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First time attending show, brought the kids...not sure I'll do that again. Too bad there weren't more vendors. [thumbzup]
Phil, what day were you there. I stayed near the front most of the time, somehow I missed you. I think this event is too far from paved roads for the vendors.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, it's too far from roads, period! Even though my Corolla has made it there two years.

Instead of turning in at the Seminole Glider Port, I go on up to Berry Groves Rd (28.420066, -81.831614), then take a left at Cattleman Lane(28.420927, -81.843025), then a right onto S Fork Ranch Rd(28.418473, -81.842629), and a left onto Windwillow Lane(28.412350, -81.855362), and the final turn at (28.408121, -81.862225) to get there. That way, I stay on paved roads the longest.2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks