• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Anti-haspin rally

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:doghead: LMAOPMPAPPA :doghead:

Last edited:

kipman

Great time had by all, yes the mysterious 1008 owned by John and Julie showed up, I was starting to think it was a ghost story. had some non members also who we may have converted, thanks to Pat for bringing the roaster, buying the pig and roasting it. My fire was taller, without any hydrocarbons.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haspin baaaaaaaad!!!!!!!!!

If I had a sister in a cathouse and a brother in Haspin I'd get my brother out first.
You're still mad because you found out the hard way you can't drive a two-wheel drive truck in the mud.

It's not like staying at the Ritz like Georgia.

;-)

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're still mad because you found out the hard way you can't drive a two-wheel drive truck in the mud.

It's not like staying at the Ritz like Georgia.

;-)
Steve, I think you hit the nail on the head. I was gonna suggest that he didn't like it because bringing that truck was like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Don't get me wrong, the GA rally is fun. But I like Haspin too, other than the heat, but stretch seems to like to have it that time of the year. Something about kids and some such nonesense. :cookoo:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was nice Tue, Wed, Thur night to the point where I had to use blankets to keep warm. Friday night it was normal Haspin weather and Sat day it was Haspin HOT.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Normal Haspin weather...... You didn't mention any rain.

Should have said temps.

No rain before or during the rally. Missed you all being there Stan. Our buddy with the camera did not show up...... :)

1stSarge

I see by pic 2 that Gimpy came. :gimp2:
Well that was the problem with too many directions… somebody said 90 degrees and I thought they were telling me the easy way to replace the brake lines. :?:

In any case , the homage to gimpy was a nice thought although we didn’t get a pic of the box of the HoHo’s sitting on top.

Great time had by all, yes the mysterious 1008 owned by John and Julie showed up, I was starting to think it was a ghost story.
We knew gimpy was not coming and it would be safe. :gimp:

We had a blast, Pat and Brett did a fantastic job staying up all night with the pig, big shout out for kip hosting, and thank you for all of those that gave a hand replacing the brake lines on the 101A2. Even Oilcan had a good idea or two…:beer:

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made it to the "Haspin Lite" get-together... I had to drive the civvy since the deuce was in the midst of its brake issue. I was VERY impressed with the youngsters there who where VERY disciplined and respectful of the "older" crowd. Great kids and seemed to enjoy the theme. One young man (14 y/o) had a truck that anyone would be proud of! He is the future of this hobby! I was glad to see the interest.

The pig was tasty. I had several sandwiches. When I asked ahead of time what I should bring, Kip said, "Bill, I don't care if you show up with a box of Twinkies." Well, I brought TWO boxes! One regular and one "new" chocolate-filled version. The watermelon was for dessert-dessert.

I realized once more that Kip was right (again)... I live about 5 counties too far west. I love east-central and eastern Ohio the best.

zout

Awesome pig there members - always wanted to learn how to sun bake one of them fellas.

I usually have to steal Zout2's handcuff's and chains and wrist braclets to hold mine down to get em to stop squeeling till heat and smoke overcomes them.
Then they have this distorted look on their face like some atomic particles have struck them.

As long as everyone walked away fine an no ones heads were twitcing violently from radiation it is a good thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks