• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Fall Haspin Rally 2

What date works best for the 2012 Fall Haspin Rally

• October 5, 6, the morning of 7

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 12, 13, the morning of 14

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 19, 20, the morning of 21

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eagle4g63

Well it was a muddy mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took every bit of a 15 minute drive..........well actually a "hang on and pray the rut keeps you in the right direction" to even get a deuce up to the bathrooms:evil:

After setting up my tent IN THE RAIN!!!!!!!!!! it wasn't too bad.........the best day we had was yesterday.....when we were LEAVING:(

It was great to sit around face to face and talk to everyone.........the bartering went great.....

BUT............the BEST part of it all was having Sparky talk me into "test" driving the John Deer machines:twisted::twisted:...........they had NOOOO idea what a bunch of guys driving jacked up army truck can do to those things:shock:

They made the mistake of telling us that we should put the pedal to the floorrofl

After me and Sparky got in one of the larger faster ones..........I made the comment that we didn't need to say "hold my beer and watch this" as I pointed at the built in cup holders we could just set them there and have at it............the John Deer guys got a chuckle rolled their eyes and then had the look of "OH S#$T" on their faces cause we hit the gas and took off!!!!

Needles to say after a short time down the trail I punched it and took a front tire off the rim and set the cart sideways on the path high centering it on the almost 2' tall bank:beer: Apparently after they tried to scoop out the almost 5 pound of slime and clay from the tire and rim to try to fix it they went and got another one off one of the "show" machines.........not a good idea.........steel soldiers and polished aluminum is not a good mix..........making the way back set the whole passengers side into a wash out and drug the side along a nice 3-4' bank rubbing the whole way.........that nice shinny rim wasn't after I got done..........topped the final hill.........while noticing it just didn't quite "feel" right, only to have xtsix tell me to "come here" as he walked to the front of the machine I was driving.........the tires were both pointing in opposite directions!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently I messed up more than just the tire:beer:

Well come to find out the machine they gave me a key to drive........starts at $18,000.......I would have to guess with the options this one had on it probably over 20 thousand!!

Like the commercial.............the drive was PRICELESS:driver:

Vondy

Good Times as always. Test driving the John Deere atv's was fun. They had no idea WE were going to be there! Mud was a little dicouraging but it was fun. Pics soon to follow. Anyone start a mulimedia thread yet?

indy4x4fab

Banned
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-...in-rally-2-multimedia-thread.html#post1242941 is up and running ready for some pictures.

Made it home about a quarter till 5am this morning and back to work.

I'm still the king of 5 ton drifting. Spent more time drifting then I did going strait.

A big thanks to gungear for helping me get my rig out of the woods with out sliding off the edge of the hills. Second gear low range is a perfect speed to be taking on the haspin hills at night with the m818, pulling the m129a2c, pulling the m105a2.

Last edited:

gungearz

The best day at Haspin is today.... Right here and right now. The management of haspin told us we can stay another day free of charge (after we bought another day). So it looks like we are leaving tomorrow. Since I'm on vacation and it didn't matter with work. Its 75 and partly cloudy here today. The mud is 60% dried up but the main dirt roads are completely dry. I want to say thanks to everyone who pitched in on food and xtsix for the fuel and thanks to indyfab4x4 for helping swap out my 9x20's for 11x20's. We were turning wrenches till 3am. Even though he had work today. They do make a really big difference. It was really nice to meet a lot of the members and make some new friends. Looking forward to a bigger northwest convoy for the summer rally...

indy4x4fab

Banned
LindsayMaeK don't rush it it will happen when its time and when you both are ready. Sparky has a keeper and he knows it.

So what was the total on people using the shower.

augiedoggy

LindsayMaeK don't rush it it will happen when its time and when you both are ready. Sparky has a keeper and he knows it.

So what was the total on people using the shower.
Lindsay, your baking skills alone could win my heart!
Thanks for the sweets.
You and Rob make a great couple, best wishes!
Try not to hurry life along, it goes by too fast!

I took a nice hot shower in the super camper and it sure was nice
on a cold wet weekend!
Thanks Nick!
How is work going?

gungearz

Lindsay, sparky is definitely a keeper. Take it from me, life does go by way to fast. Tiff and I were together for 18 years and it seems like only for a couple of years.... Life is way to short to push it. Augiedoggy has good taste in sweets cause you sure do have some good baking skills. That alone should be enough to win sparky over and get that ring on your finger but until then, just keep up the good work and just enjoy life..... Patience is very rewarding...

LindsayMaeK

Lindsay, sparky is definitely a keeper. Take it from me, life does go by way to fast. Tiff and I were together for 18 years and it seems like only for a couple of years.... Life is way to short to push it. Augiedoggy has good taste in sweets cause you sure do have some good baking skills. That alone should be enough to win sparky over and get that ring on your finger but until then, just keep up the good work and just enjoy life..... Patience is very rewarding...
Thanks boys!! I absolutely am so blessed to have him! I am patient, I'm not looking to rush anything. He knows I'm only joking around. But I mean if he just decided to pop the question sometime soon, I'd definitely say yes! ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks