• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Fall Haspin Rally 2

What date works best for the 2012 Fall Haspin Rally

• October 5, 6, the morning of 7

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 12, 13, the morning of 14

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 19, 20, the morning of 21

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eagle4g63

Now we need to find someone that can make that 5 ton pic into a nice big 3'x5' bright Yellow flag..........so we can fly it as we drive around down there!!!!

gungearz

Eagle, we are going to come up with something special.... You just don't know it yet. I'm talkin to a flag company in oak creek, Wisconsin.... Putting in a design and seeing what we can do.

eagle4g63

Hey now it's politically correct term is Physically Challenged........I did check with BMV, they don't consider mental problems being a handy cap for the special parking:(

LindsayMaeK

Vondy: there is a place down the street from me who does screen printing. I was going to go check the pricing tomorrow, but if you can get it done cheaper then we can do that. We can compare prices once I get them :)

LindsayMaeK

That's awesome! I think last time I used this place it was like 12 so we can go ahead and use yours. Do they have safety orange and safety pink shirts? I was jut thinking black for the print. Also, when do you need the design by? I need to do the final draft of it and make some little tweaks.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Any ladies attending the rally this year??
I'm a browney kinda guy. I told sparky that you and him both where more then welcome to bunk in the m129 trailer, Its about 30ft long and has the shower and mid night run potty in it, along with the sink and running water, and heaters.

Would any body be up for t shirts? Not sure if there is enough time foe it tho.
I called vondy and he said if LindsayMaeK would design it he would print them. I kinda like the idea of the shirt money staying in the SS family.

I'm pretty sure the light gray has been done already....I've seen my boyfriend in that color enough haha you boys need to broaden your color spectrum!!!
Just a thought here, why not do yellow shirts with black writing, kinda like the military convoy signs.

Now we need to find someone that can make that 5 ton pic into a nice big 3'x5' bright Yellow flag..........so we can fly it as we drive around down there!!!!
Vondy has made us an yellow and black lettering flag to fly over base camp to let everyone know that the steel soldiers are there on maneuvers.

Attachments

Last edited:

212sparky

Nick, I mentioned safety orange for the guys and pink for the girls so we can be see more easily. Granted some trucks have enough lights hanging on them to shoot a movie, but it is the other people out there. We almost had a funeral at the last one we dont need any body being injured this time. Granted a bright shirt wont stop a run away truck but it does help when we are doing recoveries in the dark. Plus I can,wear the orange at work since they are pushing bright colors now on the job sites.

Vondy

Blondes don't look good in yellow lol....plus that's steelers colors...

Yes, yellow and black will not work!

Like I said earlier, I will print them the week before the rally ( if my price beats the other guy) and as long as we stick to black ink as the logo color, everyone can order whatever color shirts they want. I kinda like the safety orange and safety pink idea.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Yes, yellow and black will not work!

Like I said earlier, I will print them the week before the rally ( if my price beats the other guy) and as long as we stick to black ink as the logo color, everyone can order whatever color shirts they want. I kinda like the safety orange and safety pink idea.
Aubery (Mrs._indy4x4fab) is requesting one xxxl, and for me one large shirt in yellow please, I had a company that I used to work for that our work shirts where all orange and I ended up getting screwed out of about 9000 dollars when we parted ways. I can't do orange for me. But agree with everything sparky has said about orange being a safer color for night time recoveries. Its not like you guys won't know who I am with my hard hat with the flash light on it at night.

Nick, I mentioned safety orange for the guys and pink for the girls so we can be see more easily. Granted some trucks have enough lights hanging on them to shoot a movie, but it is the other people out there. We almost had a funeral at the last one we dont need any body being injured this time. Granted a bright shirt wont stop a run away truck but it does help when we are doing recoveries in the dark. Plus I can,wear the orange at work since they are pushing bright colors now on the job sites.
Oh and mash 4077 is EMT trained and as long as I'm around there's not goint to be any funerals at haspin due to anyones truck.

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
That is why I am the recovery truck. I light it up like day light :-D plus all the rope, chain and clevises I carry
Ok I'll give you the title of "RECOVERY 1" But I'm claming the title of "RECOVERY 2", Do to the fact I have the HEAVY DUTY tow bar and chain rap feet as well as all the air hoses and cleaves to pull them back to base once your "RECOVERY 1" pulls them free from the mud gew. Sound fair? As well as turn the night in to day with my truck.

I hope you know I'm Paying you complement here sparky (I posted this statement so everyone will understand me and sparky are messing with each other in a friendly kinda way, its a sparky and indy4x4fab thing)?

212sparky

you can play with your tank tow bar. I think we need a track hoe to move the dang thing tho. I may have another rope with me as well. More to come on that.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Hay its not that heavy, I only dropped one of my nuts last time I lifted it by my self.

No for real I can put it on a truck and hook to it all by my self.

I'll even prove it at haspin if someone will put down a 20 dollars bet ageist me?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks