• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Fall Haspin Rally 2

What date works best for the 2012 Fall Haspin Rally

• October 5, 6, the morning of 7

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 12, 13, the morning of 14

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 19, 20, the morning of 21

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

212sparky

Another thread count booser. How many lug nuts are on the truck trailer you are bringing? I will start. 48 m35a2 m200a trailer. Plus 12 spare.

BSutter

Another thread count booser. How many lug nuts are on the truck trailer you are bringing? I will start. 48 m35a2 m200a trailer. Plus 12 spare.
I am not familiar with the construction of the duals on the rear of my M185A3.
So I am guessing that there will be a total of (37) lug nuts. Thirty six on the wheels
and one in the operators seat.

I will arrive early evening on the nineteenth unless I can get off work early, and I very well may skate work at 2 or 3. If I leave work at 3 that would put me on site at about 17:00.
The M35A2? I do not know his plans for that day.

I think I'm the M35a2 referred to here.
Tina and I both have the day off so we are hoping to be there about noon Friday.

If I remember I'll bring a spud gun too. It's been a few years since I've seen it's muzzle flash.

I can bring some turkey bacon (10 packages or so) if anyone would like some. I have no way of cooking in mass quantity for the group or I'd gladly do breakfast for everyone. If we have the means to cook them, I'll bring eggs and muffins as well.

I have a 2burner gas stove on my truck. Vondy is bringing a gas grill. I am sure we can pull the equipment together for cooking.

OK. I'll bring some breakfast stuff. I have a cast iron griddle that will cover two burners. We can cook bacon on a grill. Any idea of a head count? Or should I add 5 dozen eggs and muffins to the grocery list? What's the percentage of eggs surviving a 1 hour ride in a Deuce?

Vondy

If we get an accurate list of attendees, we could all split the food we need. Each bring some, or if one were to volunteer to bring all, split the cost per person???

augiedoggy

Don't know. Auggiedoggydan, what time are you heading out to haspin?
To sparky and Bill Sutter, I am planning on heading out after work Friday,
And like you said Bill, I may be able to skate out a little early.
When the time draws nearer we could arrange a rendezvous point.
I love a convoy! It lets people know I'm not the only wing nut! [thumbzup]

And for sparkys thread count booster, I'm figuring thimbles and lugs 100

Last edited:

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for enlisting, that puts us 17/20 confirmed trucks... Anybody else....?
I am still planning on coming from Eaton, with a friend who just acquired an M35A2 and was asking me if I knew of anybody else who had MV's. I told him that I did and to follow me to Haspin, that there may be a few down there! I plan on arriving Friday afternoon unless I can get the day off, and then may get there earlier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks