• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Fall Haspin Rally 2

What date works best for the 2012 Fall Haspin Rally

• October 5, 6, the morning of 7

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 12, 13, the morning of 14

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 19, 20, the morning of 21

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jdknech

You all think you have bright lights. Look at this. You got it. 450 Watt each aircraft landing lights. 10 feet out I could feel the heat. :D
what did you use for light buckets? i have had a few of these bulbs for years, and have been passively trying to find a way to mount them... and are yours 4 1/2", 5" or 6"?

i also have 2 600W 8" 28V landing lights:shock::shock::shock:

Last edited:

212sparky

We can work something out. Now that I have them with me I will try to go through them. They are in pretty good condition. They scrap for 125.00

212sparky

It is basically all wire. I might be able to find a home for one set if say a set of 12 volt brackets, alternator and belt showed up to haspin as well as some help installing said kit. :beer:

212sparky

Truck is almost ready. I have 4 more lights to finish rebolting in to place. Generator is hitched up and lights are good to go. Tomorrow i finish installing circuit breakers for field circuits and check out the genset. I have to install a "civilian" connection for the heater / air conditioner for the shelter. It will feel good to fire up the truck Friday morning and pull out to meet Vondy.

eagle4g63

Well finished tuning the antenna I have for the "base" cb at my tent............gotta try to get a pic, or just let you guys wait to see just how massive the thing is.........antenna itself is 20' with three 4' ground radials coming out of the base........all this right now is on the top of a 10' mast..........I have another 10' I can put on it if I need to.:beer:...........first gotta make my guy wire bracket for the mast.

212sparky

Would every body be ok if we tols the Haspin office if anybody needs pulled out we would help. Seeing as how we are the biggest things that are going to be roaming the trails. Plus we have radio coverage.

augiedoggy

Would every body be ok if we tols the Haspin office if anybody needs pulled out we would help. Seeing as how we are the biggest things that are going to be roaming the trails. Plus we have radio coverage.
That sounds good Rob, it usually works out that way anyways.
My only concern is liability. We are a recognizable group and if,
heaven forbid, something bad happens; do we want that responsibility?

I won't soon forget your near miss!

I certainly enjoy getting the stuck - un, and I feel that is at least half of the fun!

212sparky

Dan I have thought about the Liability. When connecting to any vehicle I always let the owner hook up so if some thing brakes then they hooked it up. Unless it is a MV and then if it is in the mud they do it and if not then they still get to.

I am having withdrawal symptoms!!! I need some Haspin stat!!!!!!!!:beer::driver::beer:

augiedoggy

Dan I have thought about the Liability. When connecting to any vehicle I always let the owner hook up so if some thing brakes then they hooked it up. Unless it is a MV and then if it is in the mud they do it and if not then they still get to.

I am having withdrawal symptoms!!! I need some Haspin stat!!!!!!!!:beer::driver::beer:
You're a safety guy and I appreciate that, I just don't want anyone to get hurt.
We always keep the tow strap/ rope area WAY clear.
Good point about owner hooks up.
Can't wait till Friday!!

eagle4g63

Well tried out the "base" cb(just a mobile one but using it for a base) hooked to my base antenna last night and talked to a guy just over 15 miles away............said I was pegging his meter and coming in loud and clear.............guess it should work just fine for Haspin:beer: