• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 MIA/POW day

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this year its on the 21st of sept. on the third friday of this month. its getting bigger each year we do it. this year we are looking for some trucks( 5 so far) for the display and short parade. a veitnam era helicopter will land . band plays. a lady sings the national anthem , taps, 21 gun salute by the army national guard unit and some marines coming in from new orleans. looking real nice this year. 4 veterans homes are busing in some vets and the local homeless vets shelter is coming in too. a good lunch and a award to a special service man will top the list. this year we had to form a committee to help the man organizing it. james douglas has his hands full all year long doing this hard work to get it all ready in time. the event is held in hammond louisiana at the cate street park. almost in the middle of town. i hope the weather is good and we have a good time. ill be sure to post pics this year

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ours will be on Saturday the 22nd here in Columbus, GA Tim.:D

We will just be in static display mode this year but The Rolling Thunder/Patriot Guard fellers will have a "Poker Run" from that AO.

One of the ROTC units will perform the "Missing Man Table" and that is always a sobering event.

I'm glad to see folks remembering those who are not with us and their status not known.

Attachments

bellhorsepower

Thanks to timntrucks for inviting me to this event! I stopped by today just in time to see the parade , chopper landing , and of course the Very moving/humbling ,pow/mia ceremony . I met Tim and he is a very nice fellow and hope to make it to his Rally in april if work allows . I did take a few crappy cell phone pics( sorry Tim don't know why the pic of your truck is all washed out) which i will share ... One last thing ... for all the vets...for what it's worth...THANK YOU!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks