• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

gungearz

I got a 275 tote but no room for it. Try hydraulic fluid first and if that don't work.. Go to harbor freight for a jack there better and cheaper then what Walmart has to offer. There's a harbor freight in indy....

Durango_USMC

yeah but they're not open at the moment. I may just take the 12 ton bottle jack off the shop press and put it under there so I can do this parking brake thing and hope it works.

eagle4g63

Gungearz I have a small 2 stroke water pump...........we can make pressure for ya.......plus it uses a garden hose connector so easy to get a nozzle for it that fits the balloons.........otherwise you can always use the garden hose at the office to fill a bunch of them and bring them back to camp.......

Vondy

He was welding on his own this week. He said they were strong enough to lift the cab up with, so he should be doing good.
Yes Gimpy they are pretty strong but still need some testing and approval from someone more experienced.

Sparky, the finished product is still some time away but coming along nicely. The can is cut down about as far as it can go, now in the process of replacing what I need to and then onto fitting and mounting to the chassis.

eagle4g63

Me and "dad"(son in law) figured we would see how they do with school first, sometimes they can be VERY lazy and just get by.......they have been doing pretty good and not causing very much trouble for their parents so it looks like it so far. We haven't told them anything about it but they know me and Joe are going.....and they want to come with, we just haven't said that they can go or anything leading them to believe they might get to go.......

I know a little bid evil, but you gotta play it out sometimes with them and see if they just do the right thing cause they want to, not because they expect something in return. THEN reward them for doing the right thing.

gungearz

Me and "dad"(son in law) figured we would see how they do with school first, sometimes they can be VERY lazy and just get by.......they have been doing pretty good and not causing very much trouble for their parents so it looks like it so far. We haven't told them anything about it but they know me and Joe are going.....and they want to come with, we just haven't said that they can go or anything leading them to believe they might get to go.......

I know a little bid evil, but you gotta play it out sometimes with them and see if they just do the right thing cause they want to, not because they expect something in return. THEN reward them for doing the right thing.
Now that's funny...

gungearz

What day are you guys showing up? What areaare you seeing up in?
Showing up on the 12th as early as we can... We are still contemplating whether or not to do another convoy or not... Being its in the middle of the week and most people would still be working... But I'm sure we'll put the offer out for those who would like to come join us on the way out...

eagle4g63

Yea, planning on coming down on Wednesday the 12th, like gungearz said...........should be late morning, early noon.........still have to see if my other buddy(nickcucv) by me is coming down with us.......plus I know tmamerica(George) is suppose to be heading down on Wednesday, just not sure if he is leaving with Bobby and me or if he is heading down after work.

As to the second question..........what the he!!......you fat finger the keypad?(sparky)

eagle4g63

Now that I read it for the 5th time I think I know what you are saying........what area........I am going to be set up on the top of the hill like last spring, up by george and stretch's crew(if they are still staying up there). I know george is......we are going to be setting up my double set of camo netting so we have a nice huge area of shade to sit back and watch all the comradery.......

IF just me and the son in law..........just the 11x11 command tent........if the kids are coming also...........than the 16x16 also, IF I can find a frame in time!!!! Just our little personal compound...hehehe

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can tell you it is kind of spooky driving around the place on Tuesday with no one out on the trails.

212sparky

Re: 2013 Haspin, June 13th-16th

Now that I read it for the 5th time I think I know what you are saying........what area........I am going to be set up on the top of the hill like last spring, up by george and stretch's crew(if they are still staying up there). I know george is......we are going to be setting up my double set of camo netting so we have a nice huge area of shade to sit back and watch all the comradery.......

IF just me and the son in law..........just the 11x11 command tent........if the kids are coming also...........than the 16x16 also, IF I can find a frame in time!!!! Just our little personal compound...hehehe
Lindsay and I are trying to figure out where to camp. Gimps area is crazy, top of the hill is too loud, shelter is nice for shade. Guess wait and see. Are you guys going to want power back up on the hill?

gungearz

Ditto swbradley... We stayed an additional day in October and it was a ghost town (litterally)... So dead and quiet, that we saw lots of deer but it was great waking up hearing the birds and the wind... Instead of a open header big block chevy flying past us at 2 o'clock in the morning...

gungearz

Lindsay and I are trying to figure out where to camp. Gimps area is crazy, top of the hill is too loud, shelter is nice for shade. Guess wait and see. Are you guys going to want power back up on the hill?
We are going to go right on the lake side... So if the kids wanna do some fishing... Alls they gotta do is walk 20'...

eagle4g63

OF course if I can get george to move down closer to the shelter..........it would make nice, like you said probably a little quieter.........however just that much easier to get rain soaked.........rain wasn't an issue last spring/summer but better safe than sorry..........plus up where I was last time had a couple of nice trees to hang my hammock in between:-D.........

I have to agree with you about Gimpy's area....:cookoo:......would like to leave with all my gear not being singed.....or myself for that matter:burn:

Power is always nice......but not a demand........also depending on my $$$$ situation this time I may have my solar/wind power grid up and running by then.....dead quiet and FREE power!!!

212sparky

Re: 2013 Haspin, June 13th-16th

OF course if I can get george to move down closer to the shelter..........it would make nice, like you said probably a little quieter.........however just that much easier to get rain soaked.........rain wasn't an issue last spring/summer but better safe than sorry..........plus up where I was last time had a couple of nice trees to hang my hammock in between:-D.........

I have to agree with you about Gimpy's area....:cookoo:......would like to leave with all my gear not being singed.....or myself for that matter:burn:

Power is always nice......but not a demand........also depending on my $$$$ situation this time I may have my solar/wind power grid up and running by then.....dead quiet and FREE power!!!
Rain means you are screwed no matter where you camp. In 2011 it rained and I camped over by where gimp was set up and head no issues. With the grass they planted it should be better, as long as it is there when we get there.