• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

Durango_USMC

I'm sure there will be plenty of people more than willing to pull my little truck out. But I'll keep your offer in mind. Who knows maybe I'll make enough between now and then to get a 5 ton since ive been told the supplies are dying up a bit.

Durango_USMC

Well... thats definitely within my price range. Maybe I'll have a 5 ton after all... now I just need to figure out where to park the dang thing.

Well looked up his site, no 939 series listed in my price range. Had an 813 and 814 that were close to it. Maybe those 3k or so trucks are local price?

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Already hording the diesel fuel so that the 814 can make the trek again this year......

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Already hording the diesel fuel so that the 814 can make the trek again this year......
That's BEEN horded! We have enough to go from here to CA and back if we wanted...

XM818 of Death will need some work to be Haspin ready. I'm hoping to have my winch on and operational too!

212sparky

Re: 2013 Haspin, June 13th-16th

It is fun to tow cucvs behind the deuce. How I am geared up to do long distance recoveries now, for those hard to get to trucks.

augiedoggy

Yes Sparky, your tow rope I used at the fall rally was much needed to pull not 2, but 3 jeeps outa the creek bottoms near our campground that rainy night. Used most of the rope and I never even saw the vehicles I was towing out!
Those folks sure appreciated the help as they would have spent the night there!
I know that rope was a muddy mess, like everything else there! (Sorry about that)

jw4x4

When the ropes/straps are a muddy mess, secure one end and toss them in the pond. Let 'em soak. Much easier to clean if they are not allowed to dry. That Haspin mud is so easy to clean compared to Durhamtown mud (Ga Rally).

212sparky

Re: 2013 Haspin, June 13th-16th

I am building a rope washer. Basically a pipe with a bunch of small holes in side another pipe connected to a good water source. You pull the rope through and it cleans it for you. I still need to wash my ropes from last time. My sort one is around 150feet and my long one is over 600feet long.

jw4x4

I soak my straps then wash with jet nozzle on a garden hose. Pressure washer spreads out the strands too much. Then drive over them w/1009 to wring out and hang dry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks