• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

Tplane37

Re: 2013 Haspin, June 13th-16th

I was just curious because I had heard some people filling in the gap in the CUCV roofs to add a little insulation and noise reduction and it had bowed out a few spots. But pretty clever idea in some of the "dead space" in the body under the truck.
Most likely, the foam didn't have any place to expand to. I usually do the cross members on the frame, the partially boxed areas of the frame under the cab an front clip, sometimes the rocker panels, and other areas that I know are a pain to get mud out of. I have done it on all of my off road toys over the years, at time even used it to fill rust holes in the floor pan to keep some water out. I tend to avoid using it on the body itself if I have a good body... other than the rocker panels.

As far as the body itself it concerned, I just make sure all the factory weep hole are clear of debris so water can drain. A standard Phillips screw driver works well for this.

gungearz

I've had bad luck with the great stuff (red can not the low expanding blue can) on steel cased windows, steel headers on cinder block when I was in the trades... The rain was absorbed over time and they still rusted out after 4 years. Even with a coat of rustoleum. I wouldn't use it. Once its on.... Its on. No fun digging it out. A good pressure wash on the under carriage might be a better idea.

Durango_USMC

Honestly if I never use foam in a spray can again it will be too soon. One of the cans basically exploded one day right at the nozzle. It got in around my safety glasses and I was just about blind for an hour or so its really hard to wash out.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are not allowed back unless you agree to take the bus on the trails.

:)

augiedoggy

If someone wants to design shirts or hats I can make them. Or give me some ideas on a look and I can design?
How about safety green this year, with an image depicting ferro's m818 hi centered?!
or a waterline halfway up an MV, for those who frolic in the river?
just putting ideas out there.......

jw4x4

Safety green is not consistent with any of our trucks. Perhaps some people may go for it, but certainly not everybody. A good option would be doing 2 (or more) different color choices. I am all for the hi-vis colors for work safety. I always carry a class 3 reflective safety vest in my trucks just in case of breakdown or assisting someone roadside.

augiedoggy

Safety green is not consistent with any of our trucks. Perhaps some people may go for it, but certainly not everybody. A good option would be doing 2 (or more) different color choices. I am all for the hi-vis colors for work safety. I always carry a class 3 reflective safety vest in my trucks just in case of breakdown or assisting someone roadside.
I know they are not OD but at the fall rally we all had safety orange and our members stuck out like a sore thumb.
Vondy has the hook up for T-shirts and can get almost any color you want.

eagle4g63

I agree there, the safety orange was great to have and wear at haspin, and I ordered another one in OD green and wear that one all over the place day to day..........Love the shirts Vondy and looking forward to more this rally. Should have another 1-4 people with me this year.

212sparky

I have talked to Lindsay and she is starting to work on the t shirt design. I will have her start a new thread and work with Vondy again, They came out great.

212sparky

I would like to put together a collection for the toys for tots that Haspin does. would any body be interested in donating to the cause?

Durango_USMC

I would like to put together a collection for the toys for tots that Haspin does. would any body be interested in donating to the cause?
Sparky,

I may be interested depending on the details, are they looking for actual toys or a monitary donation? I usually donate directly to my local USMCR unit. I'm always a little leery of dropping off toys or money for donation to someone I don't know that isn't wearing the same uniform I once wore. I'm just curious about how Haspin does it and who coordinates it for them.

212sparky

Re: 2013 Haspin, June 13th-16th

They sell bumper stickers to generate money to buy toys for the kids in the area. It would shock them if we pooled money to basicly say thanks for giving us a place to play and giving us a deal on entry fees.

TheRainbowBoxer

The road in counts as a trail to me! It may get further in the campground.
Thanks Stretch... and it may get a little deeper into the campground, especially if we have a few new Mower Cycle Gang recruits this year, which is looking somewhat likely. Gotta let some of the normal people get some sleep you know ;)

LindsayMaeK

Hey I made a thread for tshirts. Everyone get to me with ideas you have so I can start getting some sketches going. 2013 Haspin Rally tshirts is the name of the thread....obviously... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks