• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

eagle4g63

Also there is usually a port a john over by the track........you know IF you bring one in, there is still the possibility of other people coming over and using it.

Matt1970M35A

Spark I may need 220v and Like 30 amps to heat the water. That is if Indy4x4 is still banned and I don't have my diesel fired heater up and running.
So lets plan as if Indy is not going to be their. Do you all want 400 gallons of hot water or 50 gallons at a time? I have a few electric water heaters we can use.
Let me know so I know what to plumb up.

212sparky

Re: 2013 haspin BS/parts/swap/etc thread.

Spark I may need 220v and Like 30 amps to heat the water. That is if Indy4x4 is still banned and I don't have my diesel fired heater up and running.
So lets plan as if Indy is not going to be their. Do you all want 400 gallons of hot water or 50 gallons at a time? I have a few electric water heaters we can use.
Let me know so I know what to plumb up.
I would say 50 gal at a time.

212sparky

Re: 2013 haspin BS/parts/swap/etc thread.

OH.....you have one of THOSE!!!:drool::drool: hit me with a price.........was looking at one of those......but it got away from me......

You say it needs the controller? If I remember right.
I have an email on to hunter to see of I can get a battery any control module that hands on the tent. I do not have the duct that connects it to the tent.

gungearz

Anyone know if or how many kids are going...? So far I have vondy's son and my four total. My kids are interested in keeping all of the kids busy with games and maybe arts and craft stuff... If you want some "adult" time away from your kids.... Speak up.

TheRainbowBoxer

I don't know what you really are qualifying as "kids", but Stretch's son (14?) is coming again this year, and I'm leaning towards bringing my oldest (16).

212sparky

OH.....you have one of THOSE!!!:drool::drool: hit me with a price.........was looking at one of those......but it got away from me......

You say it needs the controller? If I remember right.
I hope to hear from them tomorrow. I will let you know. It does have 0.9 hours on the meter and it the tags on it from the manufacturer still.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a new sig line brewing.

"Hi, I'm EMD567. They call me Porta John."

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure why the Porta-Potty discussion is in the Parts Swap thread :???: - maybe because it falls under "BS" ?rofl

Anyway, seriously - This has been brought up before, probably around 2006 or 2007 before most of you guys were there. Someone, (I think it was Michelle from Wisconsin) asked Pete about getting our own Porta-Potty. He said no for some reason. I am not sure why. I assume we could have it delivered-paid for-cleaned-removed all by ourselves with our any involvement from Haspin Acres Management.

I am saying this because we certainly don't want to jeopardize our good rapport with Haspin Management. Do we want to ask for permission, or just do it?

I would gladly chip in as well.
Maybe someone could bring a combination-style padlock. Then we share the combination with only the members in our group. (to keep out the Hoi polloi)
Additionally, maybe we could deploy some camo netting (properly supported, of course), or tenting to conceal the Porta-Potty(s) from outsiders' view.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking we could all just use Gimpys deuce cab as a john for the weekend, he'd never notice the difference.

There is some behind the scenes discussion of a possible "Head" of the rally.(grand poobah)

This rally has been developed over several years by many members with a lot of effort and strong morals, and our group has a reputation to uphold both with the park and the public. With the recent growth, this needs to be reconsidered and as a group, we all need to agree on how we will act and portray ourselves.

I'm sure more will be posted about this soon enough.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks