• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess a local needs to speak with Haspin, and ask them if it would be okay for the rally to rent a porta john, for the use of just the rally goers.

I like the new avatar- Maybe I will keep it for a while........

gungearz

You wouldn't believe the nonsense he has to say about military vehicles... Even privately owned and operated ones.... No commercial plate: ticket, No fuel tax sticker: ticket, No cab marker lights: ticket, bias ply tires on expressways....: ticket.... Goes on forever. Your right sparky.... We would have to take him on a one way trail ride....lol

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Other than a rear end collision, a truck roll over and trying to rip a bumper off the front of a Deuce using an 818 the last few years have been pretty safe.

Let's keep it that way by making sure we have all our Ts crossed and Is dotted. Might be a good idea to make sure you have your registration, license plates (or painted on), insurance card and all your lights working. Might be nice to have a CDL if your state requires it for your particular truck and/or air brake endorsement.

eagle4g63

I know I always have that in my truck(s) cause I drive them all the time, but as to everyone having their rigs plated and insured.........we are going to an off road park........and there are a lot of off road only rigs out there, not that I have one, but........that could be a little too much to ask for.........if anyone is just trailering an extra rig just for that.

I do agree that a safety check would be nice, but are we going to be making that mandatory also....I am all for safety, but it is still hard to check stupid or crazy!!!

Matt1970M35A

I was thinking of our newbies that don't know. For example toot the horn before they backup out on the trail. Things like this will help us all be safe and enjoy the the greatest MV truck rally ever. Speed 15 min or so on day one could save hours of despair.

212sparky

Re: 2013 haspin BS/parts/swap/etc thread.

How about lights behind your truck for backing up? How about a rigging class and rigging inspection for recoveries?

eagle4g63

+1 on the back up lights........or at least like said a toot of the horn to get everyone's attention........I am hoping to have mine finished wired in so they go on as soon as you put it in reverse, just like a normal car.......I'm putting a switch by the transmission for the old reverse rod to activate........also hoping to have all my whirlies working right this time:doh: along with my police spot light:jumpin:

212sparky

Re: 2013 haspin BS/parts/swap/etc thread.

What kind is switch are you using? I an in the design phase of that mod to my system a well as beeper alarm.

eagle4g63

Some dang thing I found in another one of those hoarder garages that I clean out.........I'll have to take a pic of it and show ya......it is a momentary switch with a flipper on it.......I'm gonna put it in a small aluminum box (also found in the garage)and seal it up as best I can with just the flipper sticking out........bolt it close enough that the reverse rod will push the flipper far enough to activate the switch.........might not last real long but worth a try since it is all free!!

My other idea was a water proof in line push switch with a threaded collar and just drill a whole in the cross member behind the trans and just adjust till it worked.....just haven't researched enough yet to decide on a switch.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know I always have that in my truck(s) cause I drive them all the time, but as to everyone having their rigs plated and insured.........we are going to an off road park........and there are a lot of off road only rigs out there, not that I have one, but........that could be a little too much to ask for.........if anyone is just trailering an extra rig just for that.
I'm not talking about a trailer queen. If you drove the truck to Haspin then it should have the proper paperwork.

gungearz

Other than a rear end collision, a truck roll over and trying to rip a bumper off the front of a Deuce using an 818 the last few years have been pretty safe.

Let's keep it that way by making sure we have all our Ts crossed and Is dotted. Might be a good idea to make sure you have your registration, license plates (or painted on), insurance card and all your lights working. Might be nice to have a CDL if your state requires it for your particular truck and/or air brake endorsement.
Registration.... CHECK, license plates.... CHECK, insurance.... CHECK, lights working.... CHECK (still doing the taillights), CDL (not required in indiana).... GOT IT ANYWAY.... CHECK... Who's ready to ride....?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks