• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 Haspin Discussion Thread

gungearz

86 days left before eagle and I convoy out to Haspin from northwestern Indiana. That's Wednesday, June 12th so you guys don't need to count down on the calendar. Is there any early recruiters that want to join us on our journey to Haspin...? And for anyone that would want to come and join our convoy a day early... I can offer you a camping spot in my backyard without a problem but you would need to be totally self reliant.... Camp fire and all. I have plenty of room to park a fleet of 818's hooked up to 53' trailers

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if you must know the INDOT part is because of Indy4x4fab. According to Nick, INDOT has been hassling him and that they would be at Haspin at some point. I mentioned that everyone should have a safe truck and to make sure they have all their papers.

gungearz

Besides.... Haspin and D.O.T are two waaaay completely different things... Haspin is a offroad park with very minimal enforced rules and yes, haspin does have "PRIVATE" rules for "PRIVATE PROPERTY"... On the other hand, our trucks being on federal highways is ALL D.O.T... Same question, yes but not the same circumstances (and consequences)....

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do people really need to be told the difference between an off-road park and driving an unsafe truck without the proper paperwork? For those who think they can't tell the difference please stay home.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Besides.... Haspin and D.O.T are two waaaay completely different things... Haspin is a offroad park with very minimal enforced rules and yes, haspin does have "PRIVATE" rules for "PRIVATE PROPERTY"... On the other hand, our trucks being on federal highways is ALL D.O.T... Same question, yes but not the same circumstances (and consequences)....
Glad you've figured out how to teleport your vehicle amongst private properties.

Matt1970M35A

As for the state of Indiana you can not operate a motor vehicle on or off privet property unless you have a drivers licenses. DOT fact.
I have most of my paper work in order with correct documentation so I should be good to go.
I guess Im still a little bent from last year were 2 trucks met up and a deuce bed was bent up and a radiator fan flexed so much it cut up the radiator it was cooling. was not one of my trucks but just the fact that it could of been my truck that got hit gets me fired up!2cents:deadhorse:

212sparky

Re: 2013 haspin BS/parts/swap/etc thread.

I feel ya there. Also communication is an issue. People just take off or stop breaking up the rides.

jw4x4

It is not a derby at all. 99.9% of damage is self-inflicted out on the trails. There have been some high wind (approaching tornadic) events resulting in bent awnings and pickup truck doors. Don't let the disparaging posts here discourage you from coming.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As for the state of Indiana you can not operate a motor vehicle on or off privet property unless you have a drivers licenses. DOT fact.
:
Hmm, have any documentation of that? IN code reads different.

Permit IC 9-24-1-1 License required Sec. 1. Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, an individual must have a valid Indiana: (1) operator's license; (2) chauffeur's license; (3) public passenger chauffeur's license; (4) commercial driver's license; (5) driver's license listed in subdivision (1), (2), (3), or (4) with a motorcycle endorsement; (6) learner's permit; or (7) motorcycle learner's permit; issued to the individual by the bureau under this article to drive upon an Indiana highway the type of motor vehicle for which the license or permit was issued. As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.12. Amended by P.L.156-2006, SEC.3; P.L.109-2011, SEC.5; P.L.125-2012, SEC.159

augiedoggy

Well if you must know the INDOT part is because of Indy4x4fab. According to Nick, INDOT has been hassling him and that they would be at Haspin at some point. I mentioned that everyone should have a safe truck and to make sure they have all their papers.
Steve, can you expand on the trouble Nick has been having, or is this on the down low?
I have my legal stuff, insurance ect. I just want to be sure if IDOT shows up I'm not missing anything.

eagle4g63

Not positive about what all Nick was having trouble with, but I do know that at the fall rally he had me pull one of his trailers........reason being he didn't have any CDL and was telling me after talking with BMV he didn't have to have one..........now he has the semi, and he had a semi trailer, and he was set up to pull triples..........until I took one off the back and pulled it.........not sure if this has to do with any of the "troubles". I have also been under the impression from the reading of the way the rules in Indiana are........for personal use only, you do not need a CDL, however DOT might not be looking at it the same........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks