• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 KAMO Rally Attendance thread, Kansas Arkansas Missouri Oklahoma

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just got back home and found out that my Memory card got knocked loose in camera so only have a few pictures. Had a blast we doubled in size from last year and it look to be a go for next year. Since the crowds is getting bigger we will add a little structure to next years event, like trail ride times, group picture time and a Sat cook out. Hope the rest of you that came will share photos.kamo 013.jpgkamo 010.jpgkamo 009.jpg
Weather worked out for us with high day time temps but breezy and nights got down to 72 with 8mph winds which made great sleeping weather. However just to be on the safe side some folks found a way to beat the heat if it would have not cooled off.kamo 001.jpgkamo 003.jpg

The Great State of Missouri won the award for the most folks to drive a non AC vehicle long distance in late June. Thanks again to everyone that showed up this year to make in a great event.

Last edited:

MAGNUM

MWMULES, Thanks for the great weekend. We will definatly make it an annual trip! Maybe we can put my generator and air cond. in the 101 and duct the air through the back window of the CUCV next year for the trip!:grd: Let me know about the KLR gas tank, bark buster, and handle bars. I would like to bring it next year if I get it done. The cook out sound great, and organized trail rides. Let me know if I can provide, or help in any way. Also a LARGE colapsible water tank would be great for a swimming pool.:D

Breach27

I also had a great time, got to see some old friends and meet some new. Thanks MWMules for putting this event on and hopefully I will get to stay the whole weekend next time.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I also had a great time, got to see some old friends and meet some new. Thanks MWMules for putting this event on and hopefully I will get to stay the whole weekend next time.
Breach27 that would be great and maybe a few for guys from the "shark Hog" m818 002.jpg state will come over too!
BTW it wasn't me, dctrack44 Dewayne who let us use his place free of charge is the only reason we got to do this. The rest of you who meet Dewayne now know what a great guy he his. Next year he will have more involvement in the trail rides and such as this was the last year he had to help out OSFAST. Aswayzeallen.jpg is the one who did all the leg work, without him I would have never known the park was there. All I did was put up the signs and welcome you when you got there.

Last edited:

rpwpyw

Reggie and I had a great time meeting so many of you this weekend! We are already looking forward to next year. And a Saturday night cookout sounds like lots of fun. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep the little green jeep thing is a Russian GAZ with the later 75hp motor, the other is a rare in the US former NVA East German Robur 2T 4X4 como truck has a inline 4 banger air cooled engine that was purchased Sat and brought to the rally for some maintenance. One of the East Wind guys can tell you more.

rpwpyw it was great meeting you guys and hopefully you can get you pictures down loaded as I did not get a picture of you civi truck. Hope you will make it next year.

jwright

I had an awesome time !! I think I might have scared Magnum and his group on the trails lol.. I look forward to meeting up with you all again and hitting the trails !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks