• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 NC Steel Soldiers MV RALLY April 11,12,13

wilfreeman

I'm trying to work things out to be there Thurs and Fri and leave lunchtime Saturday. Last year I drove the RV and didn't have my Jeep done. This year it looks like I'll be doing like I did at the Georgia rally - pulling the Jeep with the Expedition and sleeping in it. I guess it all depends on whether I can get everything ready to go before I go back on night shift this Thursday.

michigandon

The bad news is: I think my friggin' airpack just failed! aua

The good news is: I *should* have ample time to get it fixed beforehand.

Anyone need anything from White Owl? Looks like time for a road trip down there and back tomorrow.

wilfreeman

Is anyone doing t-shirts for this year's event? Cabel, can you add me to your list - didn't know if you got my PM or not. I'll be eating Thurs supper through lunch Sat. Thanks

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey guys newbe here is there another thread for this event? or will there be the six of us there?well I'm planning on being there Thursday and having a good time myself can't wait

wilfreeman

I'm sure there will be plenty of folks there - I'm planning on getting everything packed tomorrow so I can leave as soon as the wife and daughter leave for school Thursday morning. Which way are you coming, up I-77? Maybe I'll see you along the way - if so, I'll be the one in the silver Expedition pulling a car hauler with an M38a1 on it! What are you bringing?

CGarbee

I've noticed that the threads for a couple of upcomming events have been relatively quiet. I hope it's due to so many folks having attended in the past that they already know the plan, not that they are skipping the events.
That said, I have more than six signed up for chow...but I still have room for more if anyone wants to get in on the deal (see an earlier post for the current menu), just send me a PM or post here if you want in.

CGarbee

Speeking of food...
Anyone have a real preference for meal times?

I'm thinking 0830, 1300, 1830... but I'm not set in stone, I just want folks to have an idea (including me) of when folks should show up at the MKT. :)

The coffee will be on, and available, much earlier in the morning...around 0600...

wilfreeman

Yeah, last year we had 40 pages for the rally thread + a Parts for sale/wanted thread. Seems like it should be a lot more talk about it! The meal times sound good to me.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm sure there will be plenty of folks there - I'm planning on getting everything packed tomorrow so I can leave as soon as the wife and daughter leave for school Thursday morning. Which way are you coming, up I-77? Maybe I'll see you along the way - if so, I'll be the one in the silver Expedition pulling a car hauler with an M38a1 on it! What are you bringing?
M-1009 turned the motor into a rock, so I'm either bringing my 89 grand wagoneer or if i have enough points built up the wife's 12 wrangler? pulling a mule leaving norcross about lunch.

wilfreeman

Cool - the mule will be perfect for tooling around the park and vendors! Looks like I'll be leaving a little later than planned - won't be able to get the trailer until tomorrow morning, but I'll have everything done and packed up today so all I have to do is load the Jeep and take off. 1.5hr ride, so I'm still hoping to get there right around lunch. Cabel - I'll help you set up if I get there in time. See ya'll tomorrow!

ranger.41

Cabel,
My alternator burned up. I wont be able to put it in until Thursday. I should be there Friday about 09:00.
Looking forward to some good eating! See you on Friday.
Rich

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't find the parts thread, search, or the searcher, suck. Mods, feel free to move and I thank you for it.

We need a hydraulic head for Craig's deuce, and I broke the one in the M109 trying to get it out to put in his truck. Long story short we are coming up now, but not in the trucks we were planning on.

So if you have a spare used known good HH or whole injection pump (which I might need) please bring them along.

Thanks.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro was not having a good Friday. He was rather frustrated Friday afternoon when I saw him.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Life sucks. Troy is in IL, Tony has issues locally and MB won't let me do much without them because I have issues. Might head for NC and see a squirel and end up in Texas.
Yes, the pills help but somebody has to remind a feller to take em.

Attachments

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Life sucks. Troy is in IL, Tony has issues locally and MB won't let me do much without them because I have issues. Might head for NC and see a squirel and end up in Texas.
Yes, the pills help but somebody has to remind a feller to take em.
Im glad I'm not the only one! Couldent make it this year. just getting back to work after lay off and funds are tight!

stampy

Adam don't worry about bringing the 818, Chris had a death in the family and wasn't able to make it and I thought it was next weekend anyway, so I won't be there either.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks