• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 SoCal Spring Rally

BLK HMMWV

We don't burn pallets because of the nails in them. Just because you haven't seen anyone else were you camp doesn't mean people don't camp there.
I hope you bring a magnet and comb your ashes with it afterwards or Many flat tires to you in the future. Pallet burning is everyones problem. Your either part of the solution or part of the problem.
So meteors cause flat tires and ricochets mean you camped in the wrong place. Kind of glad I stopped going to the event.
Duffman I might suggest that you Don't camp anywere near Cycletek or his fire pit .

Cycletek

We don't burn pallets because of the nails in them. Just because you haven't seen anyone else were you camp doesn't mean people don't camp there.
I hope you bring a magnet and comb your ashes with it afterwards or Many flat tires to you in the future. Pallet burning is everyones problem. Your either part of the solution or part of the problem.
So meteors cause flat tires and ricochets mean you camped in the wrong place. Kind of glad I stopped going to the event.
Duffman I might suggest that you Don't camp anywere near Cycletek or his fire pit .
Your pretty judgmental considering you do not even know me, all i was going to do is offer a solution, obviously it doesn't meet your approval so i will do nothing........glad you do not come around........because you immediately get "holier than thou".....instead of maybe PMing me about it.....your people skills blow........good day!

p.s. I had planned to remove the nails when you mentioned it, they are removable...........

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought one of those fancy, heavy duty, made in America magnets to use when cleaning up steel jacketed remains. I'll bring it out and go over everything before we leave. We're staying through Monday.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All metal from our last outing in the fire pit and surrounding area was picked out.(I recycle all metal if you have some bring it and I'll take it home):-D Best to camp away from the firing line.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to Hundy I have brand new Titans on the front axle. She's ready to come out and play.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What time is everyone showing up Thursday? Would someone be willing to keep an eye on my deuce if we come up Thursday and leave Saturday for 10-12 hours? LMK.

I would need to leave my deuce, ATV and other misc gear while I went home to take care of the Boy Scout fundraiser. I'll keep all my clean up tools with me.

Last edited:

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, mucho-thankso to FASTNOVA for the timely PM, and sorry I haven't read this entire thread yet--- but my problem is, as always... I DON'T EVER HAVE ANY TIME FOR HARDLY ANYTHING! Who doesn't?' But darn--- if the original dates of April 5-7 are still solid, weez' ah' gonna git there! Never been to this location before and it looks pretty good. Also, it's not very far from my current work site, the Abengoa-Mojave Solar project, just a bit north/northwest of the project---- what a kick! Practically every morning as the sun rises, I look out on those rolling hills, as well as most of my day, and often wish I/we were out there roaming about somewhere... so--- if our Good Lord is Willing--- we're in! WAHOO!!!

:beer:

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not saying no but I can't say yes to this flaming doughnut/clean up event. I'm presently scheduled to work night shift Friday and Saturday. Not sure I can get the time off. The other problem is I still have no place to sleep. The sleeping bag on a cot under an easy-up just plain sucked, there will not be a repeat of that nonsense. And my M109 won't be anywhere near ready for use.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well if you need a tent I have an extra one that you can borrow, it should not be that hard to put up as the one you guy's had the last time.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Dug you can trust Tracy, I gave him the once over last time and he past the sniff test.:grin: Plus the man know's how to cook a mean steak.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks