• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 SoCal Spring Rally

Lextreme

Have fun guys..... My family already got out of town plan with the kids on Spring Break. Otherwise, I wouldn't miss it. Heading out there tomorrow and stay one night....

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you had the trailer out yet? Have you tried backing that thing down the driveway?

Have fun guys..... My family already got out of town plan with the kids on Spring Break. Otherwise, I wouldn't miss it. Heading out there tomorrow and stay one night....

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not suggesting anyone in our group is shady, but before I leave a truck with no keys required in the dez along with ATVs, tools, parts and personal gear I would like to know that someone has my back and will keep an eye on it. Especially if the trail ride goes down Saturday. Bad Carp said he would try and watch out for the tan machine and the flaming doughnut chasers.

Now to make it happen I have to change out the front crankshaft seal which is also leaking oil. It will also be a good time to switch over to the radiator I got from Hundy since mine has a silver dollar sized hole in it that the Gov patched up. And I might as well install all new hoses on the coolant system since I got them from Will Wagner like two years ago.

Then I need to fab up some ramps to get my Geo Metro beater car on to my buddy's trailer. That's what I will use to drive home Saturday.

Oh and before you all laugh and give me chit about rolling in a Geo Metro, not having a car payment and getting 40+ MPG is one of the secrets to being able to retire at 44. Well that and having a wife with a good job.

Soldier B has spring break soon so I don't see any road blocks to getting the maintenance done.

Oh, I should have a used deuce starter and alt for sale or trade if anyone is interested. Also a drivers door shell.

Dug, I plan to be there and your equipment is safe with me there, I believe our group is beyond reproach anyways!

:tank:

100dollarman

Hey Doc- Would you mind if I stop by to say Hi if I am out that way riding my bike?

I'm not suggesting anyone in our group is shady, but before I leave a truck with no keys required in the dez along with ATVs, tools, parts and personal gear I would like to know that someone has my back and will keep an eye on it. Especially if the trail ride goes down Saturday. Bad Carp said he would try and watch out for the tan machine and the flaming doughnut chasers.

Now to make it happen I have to change out the front crankshaft seal which is also leaking oil. It will also be a good time to switch over to the radiator I got from Hundy since mine has a silver dollar sized hole in it that the Gov patched up. And I might as well install all new hoses on the coolant system since I got them from Will Wagner like two years ago.

Then I need to fab up some ramps to get my Geo Metro beater car on to my buddy's trailer. That's what I will use to drive home Saturday.

Oh and before you all laugh and give me chit about rolling in a Geo Metro, not having a car payment and getting 40+ MPG is one of the secrets to being able to retire at 44. Well that and having a wife with a good job.

Soldier B has spring break soon so I don't see any road blocks to getting the maintenance done.

Oh, I should have a used deuce starter and alt for sale or trade if anyone is interested. Also a drivers door shell.
Well, with you being retired, you should have plenty of time to get all that fixed and ready to go! LOL!!!

M1009 Fiend

Gents,

I've been a little hesitant giving a yes or no as of yet. I'm currently taking full time care of my grandfather so that is my life right now. But I'm working on taking a weeknd off to go and Ill probably talk duffman into going again an parking further over from the range. But put me down for a tentative yes for the weekend and ill have a cb set up this time!

Fiend.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did the date change from April? Or are you guys doing a earlier trip?

We are sending an advance team out to sweep for metal, nails, landmines, etc and to set up the Port-A-Potties and mobile strip club. They could use a hand if you want to head out there.

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dug,

My brother and I will be there and would also be happy and able to stand guard duty over your equip.

Gordon

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be there on thursday. Glad to assist if they still need help when I get there

We are sending an advance team out to sweep for metal, nails, landmines, etc and to set up the Port-A-Potties and mobile strip club. They could use a hand if you want to head out there.

Cycletek

It is like camping on the moon, with 70 MPH winds sometimes and 10 degree nights sometimes..........what you bring is what you get, of course we are a community so if you have a need we have been known to share....LOL....There is no cell phone coverage at all and we rarely see anyone but our group.......fun times!!!!!

998Junkie

Won't hear me laugh. I was thinking of fabricating some ramps to get my car in the bed of the 1028, that way the wife can go home early and I can stay happy.:mrgreen:

Here is my Carbon offset next to my old toy...miss it every once and awhile.
Recovery start.jpg

I'm thinking a Merdec paint job to match the 1028.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Facilities are up on a hill behind some rocks overlooking the campsite it's really beautiful, I'll point you out to it. While you''re doing your business it's a perfect photo op if you can multitask.

Junkie I don't think you need ramps for that car, just a guy in the front to lift and one in the rear to push.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks