• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2013 USS Torsk work weekend in Baltimore MD - seeking volunteers!

Made it to the work weekend, lots of fun, and a lot of work was accomplished. It was great meeting submariners who served on the Torsk, as well as other diesel boat sailors. Hope to make it up next year, too.

I got to tack expanded metal over the limber holes in the bulkheads under the deck, topside. The plan is to restore that portion of the deck to as built, but they need to keep the pigeons from flying in and crapping on everything. On Saturday they fired up the ice cream machine, so people could have dessert after the cookout they held topside. Good stuff.davewelding.jpgicecream.jpg

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, after over a month, the weekend pictures are finally up on the Torsk website for all to see. Lots of work got done, and also 5 USS Torsk veterans showed up to help out, which is always great to see.

The pics are available to see here:

http://www.usstorsk.org/volunteers/tww20/tww20_001.htm

Here's a few of me, that someone took. Wish they would have warned me first, so I can show my good side. Oh wait, I don't have a good side. I have a face made for radio.

Attachments