• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

**2014 Florida Military Vehicle Rally**Winter Event**

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a problem with the horn on my CUCV. Late last night, I learned how big that problem is. I was run off the road and nearly sideswiped on the Turnpike while hauling my 18' double axle flat bed trailer. I was in the right lane running at 60 MPH. The trailer tires ended up in the grass, and my left tires were almost on the outer white line. That pickup was inches away from hitting me and my trailer. I was unable to alert the jerk in that pickup who pushed me off of the road that he/she quickly swerved straight towards me.

The horn blows constantly when I have the fuse installed, so I pulled the fuse. I'm seriously considering installing air horns. Could someone please help me troubleshoot the issues with it at the Rally?

Last edited:

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a problem with the horn on my CUCV. Late last night, I learned how big that problem is. I was run off the road and nearly sideswiped on the Turnpike while hauling my 18' double axle flat bed trailer. I was in the right lane running at 60 MPH. The trailer tires ended up in the grass, and my left tires were almost on the outer white line. That pickup was inches away from hitting me and my trailer. I was unable to alert the jerk in that pickup who pushed me off of the road that he/she quickly swerved straight towards me.

The horn blows constantly when I have the fuse installed, so I pulled the fuse. I'm seriously considering installing air horns. Could someone please help me troubleshoot the issues with it at the Rally?
I can help you look at it. Should be easy. Either a wire grounded or a stuck relay. System works by grounding the relay through the horn switch.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you Scott. I found a set of 116 decibel dual trumpet 12 volt horns that don't require an air source. I will try to get them mounted and ready to be connected by the time the rally rolls around. I'm not too fond of the polished stainless steel look. I prefer OD :-D At least I won't have to worry about corrosion. They are marine rated.

Attachments

RAYZER

If all goes as planed I'll be there on Thursday.
For anyone sitting on the fence, this is a great location to camp and the trail rides and selection are great!
A good time will be had by all!

Last edited:

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a bunch of M151 parts for sale. Please PM me if y'all need anything. I can bring it to the Rally.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may just have a bad diode on the horn. Simply clip it off.

vinny-socom1

We are Getting ready!

I think we are going to do steaks on the grill Friday night, if anybody wants to join bring your steak and Ill grill it up.

Jess has agreed to do her famous sausage & corn chowder for everybody Saturday night.

Pot luck breakfast Saturday morning who's bringing what?

Vinny

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just looked a the weather, friday morn. 52 - high 70. Sat. morn. 55 - high 70. Sunday morn. 51 - high 71. Can not ask for anything better.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm bringing a bag of grits and a couple packages of hash brown patties. What time is Saturday's breakfast?

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vinny - I have about a 2 hour drive to get to the campground. I may not be able to drive over and set up camp before dark on Friday. If I head over Saturday morning, I really don't want to miss out on the breakfast and the trail ride. That's why I ask.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks