• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 KAMO Rally Attendance thread, KS, AR, Missouri, Oklahoma

m715mike

I got off of work and was making plans to attend the rally. Then a friend of mine announced that they are getting married that weekend in New Jersey. Looks like I'm getting on a plane instead of driving the Deuce that weekend.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures from this year's rally and attending future rallies!

jasonjc

I'll be there too with G/F and 1 or 2 kids. I'm also trying to get a buddy to drive my other truck over to. Hopping to bring the MKT and do egg's and biscuits and gravy Saturday morning.

Flyingvan911

I'll be there and should have two additional people. Shanon and Russel. I'm trying to get a few Jeep enthusiasts from work to come and join the fun.

jasonjc

6 weeks.?. I have time, I could run my M170 down to Zout, get a full rework and be back in time to hit the trails with it.:-D

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is only the fourth year for the rally and first year for a fall date, last year we had about 25 mv's show up plus the huge amount that Dwayne has scattered around down there first year it was 6. The rally keeps growing and this is the first year for set times for guided trail rides on Sat, two day time a one evening plus Sat evening BBQ. You can look at last years thread for pic's of what showed up http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...hread-Kansas-Arkansas-Missouri-Oklahoma/page3 .

When you come in the park, go past the registration building and turn left under the D-Day sign, as you head up this road, look to your right at the tree line. That’s the spot, we set up in, just noodle your way on back and slip into the trees and you’re all set. It also places us right by the RV camping so it’s a snap for us to get electricity or water hook ups if someone wants.

Cleptomaniac really hope you can make it this years so you can just worry about hanging out and trail riding and not working the firing line!

If you’re a maps sort of person, you can grab one of the East Wind event maps from the East Wind site here: http://www.operationeastwind.com/map...NATO-24x36.pdf

Last edited:

Cleptomaniac

Me too! I have been in South Dakota for about a month. Got home at 7 P.M. and have to leave for S Texas tomorrow. :-(
Too much time on the road!
Oh well. Hope I can get off to come.

GAZ69OK

I plan on being there. The 5-ton should be operational by then. If the GAZ cooperates, I will load her on the trailer. The wife will probably not want to go, if so, Trigger always want to ride. IMG_1840.jpg

Flyingvan911

Shanon and I plan on getting down about noon or just after on Friday. I want some time to check the trails to be sure there aren't any surprises. It would suck to find a fallen tree with a line of trucks behind us. Dogs love D-Day too. Lots of critters making noise and leaving scents.

I'm finishing my axle vent mod by hooking up the transmission and transfer case. Then swapping the GL-5 out for 50 weight to see how I like it. Since I had to pull the transmission tunnel anyway I clean up the parts and repainted them. Tapping all of the caged nuts and replacing worn bolts. I also want to get my steering boots replaced before the rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks