• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 MVPA National Convention- Louisville, KY

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So it looks like Mwmules, ClintoGF, Junkyardwarscrusher, Gimpyrobb, PB and a few others will be there, good to know. Once I find out my vendor spot, I will make sure I post it up. Please feel free to do the same so others will know where we are at.

iatractor

What if we had a time and place for us to all meet up some afternoon/evening? I like the name tag idea, except it doesn't bode well for those of us who haven't been to a SS gathering yet.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan on being there Wednesday night thru Saturday in the AM , already signed up . Don't plan on selling anything , just buying "STUFF" that I just GOT TO HAVE . If anybody from western NY/Ohio area is going let me know , maybe we can hook up some place along the way . We plan on staying a little longer to check out the area , always looking for a place BETTER that NY !!! LOL

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
No #'s for the indoor trailers spots, I usually embellish the convention ID so folks will know I am on SSIMG.jpg

Aerialfred

Gimpyrobb,
i am going to be there along with friends from Lexington, Ky. Some of them plan on showing their vehicles. I have a reservation already. I may or may not drive the deuce. It will not be in the show, but I may need it to haul stuff back!!!

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any interest in chipping in for a community vendor spot?

Gimp and I were discussing this last week. In past years, (Evansville, IN 2009 and Dayton, OH 2011) we have purchased a couple of outdoor vending spots together. We would serve as a Steel Soldiers gathering spot. If you had an item or two to sell you could display it at our spot. If you had several items, you could chip in some bucks for the fees.

At the back of the vendor spaces we would keep a cooler and folding chairs. Everyone was welcome to take a seat and hangout.
0805110951.jpg

However, this year the pricing for the trailer spots has increased dramatically ( likely due to the fact our normal outdoor spots are not offered).
A 10' x 20' inside spot is $230. Two spots would be $460 (That is the ordinary MVPA member price. An associate member (advertiser) is lower and non-members are higher).
Registration info here:
View attachment MVPA Louisville -2014-Registration.pdf

I would be glad to put the money up front and make reservations for a spot or hopefully two. I would need some commitment from a handful of guys willing to split it up.
I only have a few things to sell, and I will likely set up my stencil machine.

I have been chatting with MWMULES Dave and he has reserved a trailer spot already. Maybe we can coordinate and get an adjacent spot with him, or others to increase the comradery

What do you all say?

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
For mule tires. Contact http://www.wallacewade.com/ he will ship them to the convention for free if he has them.

Jeff sounds good to me , probably just have to get together and move in at the same time. Btw the table fees have been going up also when I started going to MVPA conventions they were $30, yep I know I am older than dust.

Another thing I and others have done when there are not outside vending and you have more items that will fit you table or space or large items. Is enter your MV truck and trailer for display, it's free and you have your mini warehouse inside closer to your table, just remember to bring your 2 wheeler. Only down side is you truck in inside for the duration of the show.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any interest in chipping in for a community vendor spot?

Gimp and I were discussing this last week. In past years, (Evansville, IN 2009 and Dayton, OH 2011) we have purchased a couple of outdoor vending spots together. We would serve as a Steel Soldiers gathering spot. If you had an item or two to sell you could display it at our spot. If you had several items, you could chip in some bucks for the fees.

At the back of the vendor spaces we would keep a cooler and folding chairs. Everyone was welcome to take a seat and hangout.
View attachment 472762

However, this year the pricing for the trailer spots has increased dramatically ( likely due to the fact our normal outdoor spots are not offered).
A 10' x 20' inside spot is $230. Two spots would be $460 (That is the ordinary MVPA member price. An associate member (advertiser) is lower and non-members are higher).
Registration info here:
View attachment 472763

I would be glad to put the money up front and make reservations for a spot or hopefully two. I would need some commitment from a handful of guys willing to split it up.
I only have a few things to sell, and I will likely set up my stencil machine.

I have been chatting with MWMULES Dave and he has reserved a trailer spot already. Maybe we can coordinate and get an adjacent spot with him, or others to increase the comradery

What do you all say?
I may be interested if the cost is reasonable. I won't be bringing an MV but I can bring some small, but desirable, items to sell.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wife and I are thinking of going, we were already planning on vacation in KY. Anywhere to setup RV's on site?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Stretch, if you go you will need to buy two spaces, one on top of the other.

OR

Go in with KIP, each of you get one space, he uses 1/2 of one and you use 1 1/2

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dennis, this is a copy/paste from the KEC website! Hope it helps.

RV ParkingThe Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC) provides RV parking for events held throughout the year. The RV lot offers 20 or 30 amp electrical service, water, disposal station, restrooms, and showers. During the Kentucky State Fair dry camping is available in Lot F for $20 per night. There are no hookups available during the Kentucky State Fair.

Daily Rates (Electric): $50
Primitive (No Hookups): $30

NO TENTS ARE ALLOWED EXCEPT POP-UP TENTS ON WHEELS

Making an RV Parking Reservation:
Reservations can be made by sending a check or money order to:

Access Control Office
Kentucky Exposition Center
P.O. Box 37130
Louisville, KY 40233

The check or money order should specify RV parking and state the event, dates, vehicle license number, and should be made payable to Kentucky Exposition Center.

Reservations can also be made by calling (502) 367-5384. KEC accepts MasterCard and Visa. The deposit is one day's rental which includes 20 or 30 amp electrical service, water service, and use of the disposal station. There are restrooms and shower facilities located in the RV lot. A confirmation card, information sheet and a map of the property will be sent after the deposit is received. Please bring the confirmation card with you upon arrival. Reservations will be accepted one year in advance. However, reservations should be received at least one month prior to date of actual arrival. Confirmed reservations will be held for the day of arrival only. The reservation deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks SW. Good info to post here. I got unlazy and found the same thing, wasn't smart enough to put it up. Sounds like it's just a parking lot with hookups. We may come down friday afternoon, and leave sunday morning.

Has anyone seen the RV sites, and know what they look like? And how close they are to the MV's? Looking at the parking lot map, the place is HUGE.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks