• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2014 WV/MD SS Rally

BostonPatriot28

Looking to get a rally going here on the WV MD border any suggestions? It'll be sometime in June/July with a BBQ camping MV's offroading and a lot of fun. I'll recon the area and see where a nice place would be. keep checking back for updates and anyone with idea's please post or pm. thank you

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You have several in the mid-Atlantic area to chose from. None are immediately on the MD/WV border but since we don't know what town, it's hard to narrow down if you are in Harpers Ferry to Berkeley Springs to Keyser to Terra Alta to Bruceton Mills.

But since I am the all knowing CARNAC, you must be from Paw Paw. It's ok, you're among friends and besides most people here won't know about the people from there. I do but others don't.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I use to do the antique auctions in Terra Alta and did a couple short times at Camp Dawson many, many moons ago. Lived in Mo-town at 2 different times for a total of 6 years and in Fairmont for another 4. Last time I was through there last year I was shocked at the growth. WV is no longer the quiet place I grew up in.

OK, back to your question. If you have the time, go to Aberdeen. In the past I would say that it was worth the trip. Last year I drove 2200 miles (one way) to go to it. When I lived in Atlanta I went to it every year (around 8 or 900 miles each way). They've been having some issues the last few years not the least of which is they do virtually NO local advertising to try and bring in fresh blood. Every year it is usually the exact same faces and it's become kinda inbred. There are folks that are trying to get a new show in the Carlisle PA area which has some significant merits to it to include lower space fees, the PA folks not harassing vendors for taxes, enable advertising out by the interstate, hi cap mags could be sold, weapons and ammo could be sold with the normal federal/state laws applying (a-la gun show). Maryland has been making it tough on the hobby lately.

Aberdeen was originally the location because the Ordnance Center and School and their Museum were a huge draw for the city. 9-11 changed the rules for having the show on base, then the school and museum were moved to Ft Lee.

Second show to go to is Gilbert in PA. Still a haul for you but I drove from Atlanta for 2 out of 3 years I was living in that area. It's a more camping site type event and very, very pleasant to bring the family and making it a relaxing weekend.

Maddawg 308 organizes an off road event in PA but I forget the name of the place it is at and there is a small event down in the vicinity of Winchester VA but again I can't remember the exact location.

In OH you have Findley. Other than that, I'm sure there are some other small ones maybe around. If you ever want to start one, I'd talk to some of the folks that have done it successfully (Clinto, EMR, Maddawg308 and many others). Location in conjunction with local amenities and fuel cost will impact where to have it. It goes back to business 101, location, location, location.

Dfc41889

OK, back to your question. If you have the time, go to Aberdeen. In the past I would say that it was worth the trip. Last year I drove 2200 miles (one way) to go to it. When I lived in Atlanta I went to it every year (around 8 or 900 miles each way). They've been having some issues the last few years not the least of which is they do virtually NO local advertising to try and bring in fresh blood. Every year it is usually the exact same faces and it's become kinda inbred. There are folks that are trying to get a new show in the Carlisle PA area which has some significant merits to it to include lower space fees, the PA folks not harassing vendors for taxes, enable advertising out by the interstate, hi cap mags could be sold, weapons and ammo could be sold with the normal federal/state laws applying (a-la gun show). Maryland has been making it tough on the hobby lately.
Who in the Carlisle, PA area is trying to get an event together? I just got my M923A2 last weekend and I live in Carlisle. I also know the owner of Carlisle Events and Fairgrounds where they hold 7 annual car shows. Have this person contact me, as I would be glad to assist with setting something up.

tim410

There is a new place just opened up in PA Anthrocite offroad adventure area. I take my 4 wheeler up there a lot and always wanted to bring 5 ton. Just scared of getting stuck and not having something to pull me out with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks