• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

**2015**Florida Military Vehicle Rally**Winter Event**

vinny-socom1

**2015** Florida Military Vehicle Rally**Winter Event** @
Tillis Hill Recreation Area

Come join us Friday March 6th through Sunday, March 8th for "Tons of Fun" at the fith annual Florida Military Vehicle Rally. The goal is to solidify the natural bond of the like-minded fellow Steel Soldiers members, MV owners, off road and camping enthusiasts and their families.

The feature focus of this event is limitless trail riding,simple social gathering, and plain fun for all. There will be multiple organized trail rides for everyone to enjoy. As in our past events here we have located the local caves, and will probably do a cave exploration trip. Even if you don’t have an MV to trail ride with or simply choose not to, ...you’re more than welcome and even encouraged to ride along with any of the other participants.We consider this a family friendly event so don’t be afraid to join in.
We have done some research and recon of the Citrus Wildlife Management Area and with some help have located some fun spots along the trails to play. Citrus is widely known for its hills and articulating washouts. There is also some water and mud. With the combination of the two it should make for some interesting and challenging trail riding. The trails are clearly numbered and easy to navigate. We also had decent cell coverage while we were checking out the area. This area is within a few minutes of town so a quick trip to the local restaurants, grocery, fueling stations can be done easily.

The Rally HQ will be located at the Tillis Hill Recreation Area.

To make reservations please call the Tillis Hill Recreation Area ASAP as sites will book quickly. Reservations # 352-344-4238 between 8:00am and 5:00pm weekdays.

We will be in campsite #35,36 and 37. Sites 11 and up are all close to the pavilion.

The cost for camping is $20 per site per night for up to 5 people for water/electric site. NO double camping. This area does not allow dogs or pets so please plan accordingly.

The facilities include:

· All campsites have electricity, water, picnic table and fire ring
(2) Bathhouses (very large and clean)
Dump Station

If anyone is interested in doing "Pot Luck" meals please post up ideas.

We will have the “Rally Grill” will be available for your use should you choose to bring burgers, dogs, steaks, and such. This has worked out quite well for our past events.

We would like to do a potluck dinner Friday and Saturday night as a group. Comments are welcome on this concern.

Event ticket $5.00

This fee covers the pavilion & dinning hall rental and our normal variety of drinks
(sweet tea, filtered water, and fruit punch)
Maps will be available at the pavilion. We are hoping to keep trail rides between 2-3hrs long so it is a good idea to pack a lunch, snacks and drinks. We will have ice water available out on trails. Please be aware due to nature of this activity the terrain can change daily and it is recommended that you bring recovery gear (tow straps, clevis, duct tape, tools). Some hazards have bypass trails some do not, so pack accordingly.

Check us out on face book for updates and event info: http://www.facebook.com/FloridaMilitaryVehicleRallyInfo.

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are horses.....

If there's horse poop everywhere it will be just like the GA Rally used to be!

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tillis Hill is a really nice campground. I'm glad you were able to move the rally site there! [thumbzup]

vinny-socom1

As time gets closer I will start canceling reservations on spots for the campground. I reserved 22 spots So if you plan on camping please get with me so I can get you a spot reserved.

Thanks. Vinny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks