• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 ga. rally home safe

Made it in yesterday at 18;30 was great trip in no issues. Got some awesome deals Thanks to all whom bought from me and sold to me . Missed a few befoe they left an befoe I left .Cant wait to go back next year NEAD MOE APPLE PIE YALL . Dammm that's gooooooooooood.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just got home, blew a tire on the trailer last night just as it got dark north of Memphis, put on the spare only to see it not right in the wheel well. The whole front ends of the leaf springs on right side were gone, from the axle to the shackle !!! Took till noon today before getting a U haul trailer to get the mess back home. Pic's will be added tomorrow.

mr.travo

Hey Carnac- Let a big honk out when you go by Comfort, TX. It's on I10 west of Boerne. Tinwoodsman lives out there and I grew up there.

Be safe man!

Travis

Hey Doc! I got my apple pie sitting in the fridge. I'll save it for a special occasion.... or so I hope!

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally actually got home to NY. I had to drive to NC, drop the trucks and fly out. Flew from Greensboro to DC. Flight canx from DC to Syracuse. The airline planned to detour me through Boston, but an hour later decided it would be best to go back to Charlotte and up to Syracuse. Well that flight to Charlotte got delayed twice so they said I would miss my connection. Uh oh. So we looked at options and a direct flight was available to Albany. Gets in at 5 and only a 2 hour drive so scheduled a rental car. Flight arrived, but no bag. It made the flight from Charlotte to Syracuse (that I was told would be missed!) because that flight was also delayed leaving Charlotte. Well I had to go turn the rental in at Syracuse Airport so I stopped home to have the wife follow me for a ride home. Grabbed the luggage after dropping off the car, had a nice dinner with Donna since I haven't been home in almost a month and was asleep in my own bed by 22:00. Worth EVERY second in order to attend !

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Just got home 2142 Mountain Time. Good to be home and will also be good to see the load on my truck and trailer off of it.

Met up with Steinmeister and M813RC this morning.

Thanks for the big time help of the stalwart people always willing to get me on the road.

Super tired. Going to bed.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Arrived home today around 1600. Went to Blairsville after the rally then last night drove over to Derek Taylors place to pick up a trailer bed. Between the mountains, rain and everything else, I called it quits at midnite and got a room. Finished the journey to S FL today without issues.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Arrived home today around 1600. Went to Blairsville after the rally then last night drove over to Derek Taylors place to pick up a trailer bed. Between the mountains, rain and everything else, I called it quits at midnite and got a room. Finished the journey to S FL today without issues.
I take it from your post that Derek made it home OK. I was worried about that load of tires he was carrying on a borrowed truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Derek was out when I arrived. It was rainy, muddy and dark when I arrived. Gerhard had already drug the body out of the weeds. He and I drug it up on the trailer. I can't say thanks enough to Gerhard. He is truely a genuine person and I am glad to call him my friend.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
BTW, checked the odometer today (haven't driven it since returning) and it showed 5,101.1 miles. A bit higher than I was expecting.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had 51 miles on the clock when we arrived home. There should be multiple Iron Butt awards for people traveling over 100 miles. Great rally, I am very lucky to live one hour away. Time to start getting ready for the next rally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks