• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 Ga. Rally Volunteers Needed

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I will be putting up the 2014 Ga. Rally info thread very soon. The new date for the 2015 event is Oct. 21-25th, 2015

I am asking for volunteers to either post here or pm me what they'd like to do and when they will be available. Please do not volunteer unless you know you are coming to the rally and are willing to make yourself available in the times you say you will.

I will list below the positions that are available and what the entail.

Volunteer positions run from Wednesday morning to Saturday evening. Any time within that period that you are available is helpful.

Rally Leader: Luckily, I have once again tricked swbradley1 into doing this. No one is more appreciative of gluttons for punishment than I am.

Executive Officer (Leader assistant): The rally leader needs a right hand man whom he can trust with errands, decision making and missions of varying scopes. "Hey Bob, can you go over there and ask so-and-so to move his truck, he's blocking the wrecker area"-that sort of thing. This person will spend a lot of time in the HQ area, but not as much as the leader, so there's a little more freedom. - patracy is assigned. :patracy:

Registration tent volunteers: Recovry4x4 has run the registration tent for years; pretty much him and Carnac are the only ones who have done this and they do a spectacular job. But now with hundreds of attendees, there's a lot for the tent to do:

When a new arrival shows up, the tent needs to:

• Welcome them to the rally
  • Sticker their military vehicle(s) and trailer(s) and add them to the count sheet
  • Verbally give them a short checklist of what they need to do: Pay D-town for the appropriate stuff (offroading, spectating, lodging, etc.), where to park, when the various rally events (food, offroading, hardball convoy, etc.) will occur, etc.
  • Hand them a rally flyer with a map and schedule of events
  • Ensure they are paid up with D-town before proceeding

We need more people who can work the tent and help let some of the volunteers get some free time.

The registration tent volunteers will get a prime seat at the rally. They'll see every single vehicle that comes in and get to meet every person.

The best part of this position is the prime, front row seat; you'll have your finger on the pulse of the rally. The worst part is that it ca get really hectic when 5+ groups all show up at once and you're trying to brief them, get their vehicles logged and stickered and they're already out of their trucks and chatting with friends.

You will coordinate with Recovry4x4 for your shift times. We're going to try to do this in "blocks" so people can still have plenty of free time. So if you want to volunteer from 0800-1200 on Thursday, that's fine. But we need to know so we can plan.

MKT volunteers: SCSG-G4 and his crew are the hardest working people at the rally. SCSG needs folks to help prepare, cook and clean. This is a vital part of the rally.

You will coordinate with SCSG for your available times.

The best part of this position is the gratitude of the attendees, who would starve and die in the field without you. The worst part is that if you burn my french toast, you'll be put on KP duty.............................................. ..

Medic: For years, Tigger was or medic. He had military medical training and came prepared with knowledge, training, experience and gear. He had a rather well fitted out kit of medical gear and supplies, to the point that he assisted Durhamtown with their first aid needs last year.

Sadly, we lost him and although we'll never replace him, we will need someone to try and fill his boots.

If you have medical training and can supply a basic first aid kit, we need you to contact us (or me) so we can discuss your position. You'll need to be readily available throughout the duration of the rally and I can't guarantee D-town won't ask for your help.

Swap Meet Leader: We have had an excellent runner for the swap meet the last few years, and I haven't talked to him about this year yet. I don't wanna' burn anyone out, so if someone wants to take it, I'll talk to him soon (this week) and see where he stands.

Basically, I need someone who has a good personality for dealing with people and who plans on being an early arrival swap meet vendor. In return for you helping swap meet vendors get properly positioned, you'll get a primo space. All you need to do is make sure the swap meet is set up in nice, easily manageable aisles so everyone has enough room.

The best part of this position is that you'll get to see all the goodies before they're for sale. The worst part is you'll be broke for 6 months after the rally.

Trail ride leaders: We need one overall trail ride master and several leaders. The master will oversee all of the trail ride leaders. Trail ride leaders will lead small groups of 5-10 trucks on trail rides and be responsible for the safety of the ride and safe recovery operations. Trail ride leaders will have great leeway in creating an offroad experience that they think participants will enjoy.

Hardball convoy leader and photographers: I believe I have the leadership slots filled for the HC, but I need 2-4 photographers and videographers who possess the following:

• An artistic eye towards image composition and a basic undertaqnding of the visual arts
  • A digital SLR and/or HD video camera that is capable of capturing good sound.

Before the convoy, there will be photo spots that have been pre-scouted and you'll be directed there so as to catch the most interesting shots.

Also looking for drone owners/operators who are equipped with high quality gear (think GoPro).

Ok folks. Let's get this thing planned out and done because we're literally less than 6 months away.

Now, this is important: If you wish to volunteer, we need you to post here or send your information to Swbradley1 or me. We need:
Your username
Your real name
Your cell # and we need to know if you can send / receive texts
What days and times you are available
What positions you want.

If you volunteer and then we can't find you for your scheduled time we will mercilessly flog you!

Last edited by a moderator:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I again will be glad to do the crane work with the m819 at the direction of the SOPO/SOPNCO

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The reason we're asking about texting is the cell phone reception at D-town is very spotty but we've found texting to be a good compromise. Your phone will send the message when it grabs a signal and the recipient phone gets it when it has enough signal. It's not perfect but it's a good workaround in a rural area.

Now, this is important: If you wish to volunteer, we need you to post here or send your information to Swbradley1 or me. We need:
Your username
Your real name
Your cell # and we need to know if you can send / receive texts
What days and times you are available
What positions you want.

Folks, this paragraph above is really important. We need all this info. Please remember to either pm Swbradley1, me or post your info here.

I can be voluntold!
I got your pm and all your info has been added to the spreadsheet.

If Kenny will have me, I will be glad to be at the RT again.
Thank you. I need your cell #, whether it's text capable and when you'd be available.

I again will be glad to do the crane work with the m819 at the direction of the SOPO/SOPNCO
I've added you to the sheet, thank you for once again offering to pick up heavy things. I still need to know when you'll be available and your cell # and if it's text capable.

CAMO will again provide transportation/goffer assistance to the staff and MKT....but we don't do windows.
Thanks once again. All I need from you is when you'll be available.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I will be there the Fri., the week before the rally as I do every year, cell is 703-389-6705, yes on the text.

sandcobra164

I can help at the Registration Tent from 6 to whenever on Thursday. I may be able to start a little earlier depending on Murphy's plans for my small groups ride up. I may even be able to talk Atomic and GoDawgsdv8 to hang out with me. On Friday my family will make it up and I'll be tied to them beyond that. Clinto has my cell phone number and it does accept and send texts. It actually gets a signal out there to make calls in most places as well.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As time gets nearer. let me know what I can do PRErally when I get there early to make things go easer.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just as a backup, the CAMO Crew always has a full fledged medical bag with all kinds of goodies. Although several of us took Combat Lifesaver type training in the past, we will NOT do anything more than apply bandages/ minor fixer upper stuff as none of us are currently credentialed.

Brain surgery/organ transplants will be performed at the patients risk and responsibility.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks