• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2015 SS Haspin Acres Rally Dates, June 10-14th

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let's hope it is not like mudageddon like we had 2.5 years ago. Still washing the mud off. And it never quite comes off.
The M37 I took to Haspin in 2010 got mud bogged a little, I sold it in 2012, and the guys who bought it found still-moist Haspin mud in the bed frame rails earlier this year when they tore it down for rebuild. The slick Indiana mud REALLY lasts!

212sparky

Starting early this year are we? I will be there mid morning Wednesday, so see you Wednesday! :)
I am heading out Thursday morning. I have some work at my nonprofit I am on the board of directors of to get done. Also starting a new job Tuesday so it is hectic week to say the liest.

Are you setting up where you did last year?

jdknech

I am heading out Thursday morning. I have some work at my nonprofit I am on the board of directors of to get done. Also starting a new job Tuesday so it is hectic week to say the liest.

I will be setting up in the same spot.. Hopefully anyways, the command camper got relieved of its duties, and the replacement requires a little bit more finesse as far as being level.. It's power requirements are 30A 120V and can plug into a regular outlet, or a 30A RV plug

See you Thursday!

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am planning to come Friday after work in the M909 and stay through at least Saturday afternoon. It just didn't work out for me to be able to take time off work to get there any earlier.

Blackbear

I've got troubles fired up the deuce, or rather my neighbor did , but used a bit of starter juice, after I drained tank a nod put in about 1/4 tank I still can it get it fired up, seems to drain back down into tank, any ideas? I plan to be at ha spin we'd mid, but this may slow me

212sparky

I've got troubles fired up the deuce, or rather my neighbor did , but used a bit of starter juice, after I drained tank a nod put in about 1/4 tank I still can it get it fired up, seems to drain back down into tank, any ideas? I plan to be at ha spin we'd mid, but this may slow me
Did you change filters recently? Is your in tank pump running?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search past Haspin media threads and you will see their mowers have mower decks, a Mowron does not.

Their mowers are slow and cumbersome, Mowrons are quick and agile. Stretch's will do over 50Mph.

Another Ahab

Search past Haspin media threads and you will see their mowers have mower decks, a Mowron does not.

Their mowers are slow and cumbersome, Mowrons are quick and agile. Stretch's will do over 50Mph.
Ohhh; THAT Henny Youngman!

I figured there was a good story here. That's great!! What a hoot!

Mowers.jpg

212sparky

Looks like I will be headed out Friday morning or afternoon/ evening. Have to play with some 12,470 tomorrow and Thursday. If all goes perfectly, and we know that usually doesn't happen I might even be there Thursday evening.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well hopefully Rob it won't go like the rocket scientists pulling fiber at the MU Middletown campus. The saw the wires cut on the pole and without checking to see if they were live started pulling fiber into a live underground power conduit feeding the campus.

The guy survived but no one knows how.

TheRainbowBoxer

Ours are more all around machines than the racing mowers you have pictured... We can rock crawl, mud, drag race, or course race... Did I mention "Woohoo"?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks