• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2016 Ga Military Vehicle Rally buy/sell/trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is anyone coming through Weatherford, OK to rally? Or Atlanta before or after the rally? I need 7 tires picked up at Stanger’s house (395’s on rims) Give me a price $$, trying to figure if this is worthwhile.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Is anyone coming through Weatherford, OK to rally? Or Atlanta before or after the rally? I need 7 tires picked up at Stanger’s house (395’s on rims) Give me a price $$, trying to figure if this is worthwhile.
You might as well have them shipped. A load like that would negate a person from bringing much else, thats a lot of weight and space to take up.

izzug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would rather pay someone on the forum money than give it to a shipper, someone here could be on the fence on coming and this could be the fuel money to get here.

joeM62

I'm looking for the tow light cable that connects into the tow lights for when your towing another truck if anyone has one send me a pm please

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ok, I've got a couple items to add that I want to sell, cheap. I am cleaning up my property (well, attempting) and I just want this stuff gone, hence the low prices. If you want, speak up. Because I'm not bringing it to the rally unless it's spoken for. I'll be busy running the event and selling shirts, so I won't have a swap meet space.

Deuce spring ride seat top. This is out of my '87 USAF M35A2C. I have seen this homemade vinyl seat cover on a bunch of trucks from WRAFB. I guess they were making them or having them made locally. It is extremely well made; looks like an upholstery shop did it. Heavy duty vinyl, so if it gets wet, you can just wipe it off, versus waiting for it to dry like canvas. Kind of interesting, they wrote down how many labor hours they'd invested in it, presumably on recovering it, on the bottom. This is the top, bottom and the frame. Only reason I took it out was that I got an M35A3 drivers seat from Carnac.

I have no idea what this is worth. How does $35 sound? $35 is cheap to throw a good seat in your truck if you have worn out foam and canvas.

20160916_184947.jpg20160916_184950.jpg20160916_185008.jpg20160916_185019.jpg

I ended up with 2 5-ton headache racks. Not sure how to be honest. The tan one was in my '87 M35A2C from WRAFB. Not sure where the green one came from. They're both in what I'd call average shape. The green one has slightly better wood. One board is cracked on the green and the top board on the tan is eroded (eaten?). These fit any 5-ton with the dropside bed that the front 2' are higher. Any M813, M814, M923, M925, etc. As long as you have the 12' troop seat section and then the small 2' section that's higher in the front, this will work. These have the slots for stave storage on the front. How does $25 each sound?

20160916_185151.jpg20160914_115357.jpg20160914_115403.jpg20160914_115405.jpg20160914_115408.jpg

EDIT: Tan rack is spoken for. Somebody wants it just for the dropside racks, honestly the green one is the better of the two. It's still available.

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Medicine Cabinet made from a wooden ammo crate for my wife. I now know that what she is looking at on Pintrest is a wooden crate that was stenciled "Rocket Ammunition" on the top line and "Inert Projectile" on the second line. I would still like to find one and if it comes with shelves inside, that would certainly make your profit margin a little better. I'm quite certain the one she looked at never came configured as such but I am horrible with wood work. If you have something that meets the intent, I'm interested.

Joseph

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cleaning up the shop.. found a muffler and a j pipe for a m800 seriers 5 ton i can bring only if spoken for. also a couple of large 3/4 wrecker chains

Stevepsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a demilitarized facility in Wilmington. I am willing to pick up and bring most anything they have if we can come to an arrangement before hand. Not looking to profit, just to help out. IMG_0650.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks