• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 Denton NC MV Rally April 13, 14, 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGarbee

As soon as I get confirmation on a few details we'll get one going.
Great news!
I am really interested in hearing what the confirmed dates of the event are going to be. I had blocked out one week on my schedule based on some info that I heard from one person, then another person recently posted a scan of a flyer on another forum that indicated the event was being held on a different week (that I can't make due to a mandatory work trip...).

LanceRobson

Life hands you some strange coincidences sometimes. I was shuttling trailer loads of stuff from our NY farm to our new NC place back when the last one was held and have been thinking about the 2018 Farm Park event. While confirming my spaces for the NJ MTA show in Augusta, NJ yesterday I mentioned to my wife that I hoped Denton wouldn't conflict with an already scheduled trip.

I had to drop an M939 rim off at Jim Henry's this morning from a NY SS member that I've had since the Gilbert, PA show in September and took a roundabout way home just to see more of NC. I wound up driving down NC 109(?) and spotted a steam tractor with a sign for the SE Thresher's Reunion. I doubled back to get a picture as we used to have a 1908 Waterloo steam tractor on the farm and I figured our youngest son would be interested. As I pull up to the tractor I spot a sign showing the the way a mile and a half to Denton Farm Park. So I went and drove through the place. It's quite a setup.

I'm looking forward to seeing the dates too. It'll be about an hour and half from home (Pinnacle, Stokes County) which will be at least 2-1/2 hours closer than any show I've ever been too. And I'll help out where I can.

If it helps for planning;

The NJ MTA show in Augusta, NJ is 20-21 April.

Aberdeen, MD is 10-12 May.

Findlay, OH is 18-20 May.

The MVPA national convention is in KY 12-14 June.

Lance

CGarbee

The dates are 25-29 Apr. Details of events to come soon.
I was afraid of this...
That's the week that I will be in Idaho...
In twenty years, this will be only the third time that I have missed the NC Rally (and the second in a row...).
So, once again, my MKT will not be on-site...

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was afraid of this...
That's the week that I will be in Idaho...
In twenty years, this will be only the third time that I have missed the NC Rally (and the second in a row...).So, once again, my MKT will not be on-site...
Well I didn't know if I should thank you for your post or not.
I not only miss the MKT but hanging out with you.

As you guys know I am willing to try to cover for the MKT if wanted but would ask for some input, maybe a loan of a few items and a little help to try to do better than last year.

Give me a couple days to get my thoughts together and after an official Event thread is started I will start a separate thread as to not over populate the general info thread.

So who ever starts the thread please let me know so I can reserve one of the first couple post

Just a teaser....

DSCF1304.jpg

LanceRobson

I'm gearing up to start cutting steel and welding up a trailer mounted smoker but it won't be done for the Denton event. I can bring a big electric/wood cabinet type one though. And I have a big high powered turkey fryer style burner if that helps.

Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks