• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 mta spring show april 22-23

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I'll be at the show and can bring most of the large item's I've got in the classifieds if the stuff is paid for. Medium tow bars, deuce/m37/CUCV/ and other parts.

Some things I'm looking to buy at the show:

m36 side rack assembly like pictured. I really only need just the 4 stakes for one.
IMG_3626.jpgIMG_3627.jpg
Good m35a2 front bumper, straight and not rotted.
Good m35a2 passenger fender (I've got a gasser fender but would like the multi style). A bit of rust is ok.
m59 or m215 dump truck cab protector:D
multifuel engine stop cable
16ft chain with pear links (BII for m35a2 w/w)

m37 passenger seat bottom
original yellow bridge plate numbers in good shape

Last edited:

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
I am looking for a cargo cover for a M105A2 trailer that is in good shape, doesn't have to be perfect, that is also a reasonable price. I am sure there will be other stuff. Looks like maybe new front axle zipper boots for a 1984 M923 that last longer than 2 years like my current ones.

emr

Well we have a small but big update,

But first, Yes I saw your lizard :cookoo:

The on site " Mobile Vendor support team " has upgraded its golf cart to a larger pay load capacity :tank: along with an additional 2 Boy scouts ... for additional team support for the Mobile vendor support team chairperson " Brad " who is not only the driver of said Golf cart , He is a Steel Soldier :driver:... And you will remember Him from his amazing execution of last years Mobil support team detail :)

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well we have a small but big update,

But first, Yes I saw your lizard :cookoo:

The on site " Mobile Vendor support team " has upgraded its golf cart to a larger pay load capacity :tank: along with an additional 2 Boy scouts ... for additional team support for the Mobile vendor support team chairperson " Brad " who is not only the driver of said Golf cart , He is a Steel Soldier :driver:... And you will remember Him from his amazing execution of last years Mobil support team detail :)
And if all the modern modes of transport aren't available the mule is always ready to work for the big loads. Come by Kublos and we"ll be there to help.

acesneights1

I'll be there again this year with Vintage Iron and have a small vendor spot. Will post stuff soon as I go through my inventory. Also bringing a new member to the hobby who is a proud owner of a Deuce.

acesneights1

I missed last year. Really bummed I wasn't able to attend. Planning to attend this year.

Ill be cruising the swap meet area for sure.

If anyone is interested or knows someone that is interested in the following, I have a few items I'm looking to unload:

Pair of AVM lockout hubs for a M35, used but great shape for used. Open to offers

Vinyl 3 color camo rear cargo cover for a M35. Lightly used condition. Open to offers

Handful of Jerry can mounts, all used but in good shape. Open to offers

7 Steel MRAP wheels mounted w/ XMLs.... Fitted with Peashooters adapter plates. Currently on my truck, but prepared to remove and sell. Open to offers...

I will be in the market for all things related to the Vietnam conflict.... Uniforms , equipment, radios, period correct truck parts.
Sent you a PM. In need of an M35a2 cargo cover and possibly those hubs

bonedoc

I have 7 395/85/20 Goodyear MVTs for sale. They have approx. 70%+ tread left. asking 700 for all 7.
Also have 3 steel 20" MRAP wheels, will need new O-rings best offer for them.
Was planning on going to show but looks like I won't make it unless someone is interested in these parts and needs me to bring them.
Will get pictures over the weekend and add them.

LanceRobson

Couple years ago we had some real cold temps. Anyone remember seeing my lizard at that show?
Why, yes. I remember your lizard. As I recall you were quite proud of it and I don't blame you a bit. I'm still jealous of the number of cuties from the wedding reception over in the pavilion who were giggling while lining up to get a turn petting it. It's not every guy who can stand around holding his coat open for a line of gals to pet his lizard.....

I thought you were going to pop smoke and head to Texas? As we discussed last year this may well be my last Sussex show as Household 6 and I are PCSing to Fort Retirement at our Stokes County, NC place by fall.

It looks like I'm bringing an M923A2 with trailer to Sussex. We've got 6 spaces in the usual covered outdoor building with Ed K. from the LZ Army-Navy. I need to thin the herd on parts so I don't have to move the stuff to NC. I thought I was going to make Jim Henry's Denton, NC show next week but my civvy cargo trailer needs a new axle that won't arrive in time for that. After the move that show will be only an hour away from home though. I've never had a show closer than 4 hours before.....

Lance

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of our club members will be shopping for the following for an M37!

Cab Top
Cab Straps
Parking Brake
Parts TM
Ft Lift Shackles and mt brackets
2pin Slave cable
Old style hood holddowns
LS Bed seat upright
Pioneer rack
RS mirror Arm
Window frame gaskets
Spare tire spinner
Old style Bed safety strap (x2)
Tires

Thanks

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Why, yes. I remember your lizard. As I recall you were quite proud of it and I don't blame you a bit. I'm still jealous of the number of cuties from the wedding reception over in the pavilion who were giggling while lining up to get a turn petting it. It's not every guy who can stand around holding his coat open for a line of gals to pet his lizard.....

I thought you were going to pop smoke and head to Texas? As we discussed last year this may well be my last Sussex show as Household 6 and I are PCSing to Fort Retirement at our Stokes County, NC place by fall.

Lance
Forgot about the wedding party but the elixir that night probably helped with that. I now recall they sure kept coming back for that shine.

Contract is signed on house IVO Corpus. First load goes out in mid May. Second load goes out in mid June. Weather should help fix some of the family health issues. I will still have to come back here to work until I get transferred. If need be, I can hang it up in 22 months and just be an Uber driver (LOL).

I'm also selling as much as we can now and I wont have much in the way of milspec stuff left by move except the mb and common 1. No shows close to there and being near the water and not planning to get storage; time to downsize.

It'll be good to see you again.

CARNAC the.....whatever.

LanceRobson

I'm also selling as much as we can now and I wont have much in the way of milspec stuff left by move except the mb and common 1. No shows close to there and being near the water and not planning to get storage; time to downsize.

It'll be good to see you again.

CARNAC the.....whatever.
Well, we'll have to tip a glass to our moves and p[ending retirement....

We're downsizing from two of these Morton buildings here on our farm to a place with no shop until I can build one so I still have a lot of stuff to sell. I coldn't find a Sussex buy, sell, trade thread so I started on here:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...x-Buy-Sell-Trade-Thread&p=1999667#post1999667

Here's why I still have stuff to clear out.....

SAM_0245.jpgSAM_0268.jpg

Lance

emr

Show news, latest News is ...
There will be NO drones allowed during the show, reasons start with , 1>> The Fair grounds has a no drone policy, 2 >> The MTA now has a NO drone policy at ALL MTA events since our Insurance carrier said so ... while we were updating for this years show.

It is amazing how snooty the drone guys are getting ... Man it cant be that bad... LOL ... The Black Hawk may be coming Sunday 11 am . So far so good, almost all the channels have been hit... So to be real we could not allow anyway, .......

:recovry4x4: LOL :)

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking for a person or persons who are going to the mta show that are also going to the Aberdeen show in May. Need a few parts picked up and brought to Aberdeen. Others may read this and want the same. Thank you

acesneights1

Show news, latest News is ...
There will be NO drones allowed during the show, reasons start with , 1>> The Fair grounds has a no drone policy, 2 >> The MTA now has a NO drone policy at ALL MTA events since our Insurance carrier said so ... while we were updating for this years show.

It is amazing how snooty the drone guys are getting ... Man it cant be that bad... LOL ... The Black Hawk may be coming Sunday 11 am . So far so good, almost all the channels have been hit... So to be real we could not allow anyway, .......

:recovry4x4: LOL :)
Good. Another reason I like this event.

acesneights1

Ok,
some big things I can bring for sale...

800 series hood. Has rot in front but straight. I don't want much for it and would rather see it go to someone who needs it than scrap yard. Make me an offer reasonable enough to warrant bringing it.

900 series air cleaner assembly 100$

m818 fuel tanks in very good condition 150$each with mounts.

decent M35 cab 300$ must be paid in advance.

(1) 800 series rear axle converted to S cam brakes. All new parts on it . Perfect for a 5 ton bobber project. Brakes, drums s cams all like new. 1000$ not negotiable. Must be paid for in advance.

5 ton bobber kit complete. 700$ and must be paid for in advance.

complete TH700 setup for cUCv conversion. It is from a civvy diesel and I have everything including TV bracket. Trans is in unknown condition although it drove around in my yard and seemed functional the truck was in too poor condition for proper road test . 600$ and must be paid for in advance also.

i need time to pull some of this stuff so if you want something, sooner is better.

i can provide detailed pics if you contact me and give me a number to text to.
more stuff to come....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks