• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 MVPA Route 66 Convoy is on the move

jasonjc

Go to page 3 for latest info, they are in Il but will hit Mo Tuesday eve then Branson Thurs eve till Sun am.

But in 2017 the MVPA is having a convoy from Chicago to LA along the old "Route 66" witch should bring it thought the KAMO AO.

I was thinking about a KAMO group, linking up with the convoy in Springfield MO and convoying down to Tulsa or OKC with them.

What do you all think??????

Last edited by a moderator:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Every year I go down to the KAMO Rally I do a side trip and run Route 66 through Kansas border to border. It's only 11 miles and takes about 25 minutes including stopping to get a picture! 019.jpg

Last edited:

jasonjc

I've been looking at the maps of old route 66. Mite even start at Ft Lost in the woods.

So what do any of you think???

The MVPA has been having good luck with these long convoy and group hooking up and dropping off.
They did one in 2009 from DC to Ca. Then in 2012 they did the Alcan.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
USAFSS-ColdWarrior there is one coming by you this Oct, MVPA BANKHEAD HIGHWAY Convoy they spend the night on the 7th in Sweetwater and do an early stop/spend night on the 8th at Midland.

jasonjc

Well I just talk too the head man at the MVPA for convoys the man who is heading the Rote 66 convoy. I told them of the SS'er and KAMO's members wanting to join up. I talk about meeting up around Rolla or Ft Lenard Wood , MO and going to Tulsa/OKC area.?. That was my thinking any way. They do not have the route set in stone yet. I also told them about the D-day park. So we will see what happens. I will post up here as I find out more.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Did you happen to talk with the BH convoy folks about this fall when they come through AR?

jasonjc

Did you happen to talk with the BH convoy folks about this fall when they come through AR?
No I did not. I think its going thought central Arkansas the weekend of the KAMO rally, so I was not interested too much about it.

For the rote 66 convoy , I was think if it works right , starting at Fort lost in the woods on a down day and get a base tour. May be do a little driving on the tank trails.?.:whistle:
And then go to Tulsa or OKC or there about.?.

armytruck63

I live 1/2 a mile from Route 66. A buddy and I are planning on running part of the Bankhead Convoy, at least Yuma to San Diego.

We are also thinking of the 2017 convoy, maybe Demming, NM to LA.

OEFISHER

At this point count me in. I live 3 miles off of 66 in central OK. Sounds like a lot of fun. Warthog I'm sure you will have something by then but if not you can ride with me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks