• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 TX MV Rally

m715mike

We'll, looks like I'm out this year. At work we are now hosting an exercise starting that weekend for the National Guard. I'll be around, I'll try to stop by at some point but I won't be camping and enjoying the whole event with everyone this year.

An MV rally and a National Guard exercise! It shouldn't be too hard to combine both events. Bring the Guard out to the off-road ranch so we can drool over their trucks!

Texasvet100

texas 30 cal has some turn signals and tail lights that he will be bringing if anyone is interested also flame heater parts and a whole cab heater kit! going to be very interesting meeting everyone,met some mv guys at the Bellville car show last weekend that will be attending.

shadowdd

Well, looks like I might actually be here this year!! Don't know if I'll be able to camp but will be at event on Saturday...... what time is everyone leaving the off road park to drive to the Museum? Just an FYI, FM 60 (University Dr)is totally closed at the intersection of FM 2818 so you will have to find different routes around that mess.

texas30cal

I saw that mess and had to take turkey creed Rd over to the next road that came out at 2818 and the ATM equine complex. I was going into town so did not try 2818, is it open going back south (under 60)?

shadowdd

Yes, 2818 is open both directions under 60. Turkey Creek often gets very backed up but you can always take Villa Maria all the way between 47 and 2818,it's probably the quickest. You CAN cut through Traditions and the Bio Corridor complex but will still hit the back up on Turkey Creek.

Bryan

m715mike

Well, looks like I might actually be here this year!! Don't know if I'll be able to camp but will be at event on Saturday...... what time is everyone leaving the off road park to drive to the Museum? Just an FYI, FM 60 (University Dr)is totally closed at the intersection of FM 2818 so you will have to find different routes around that mess.

We will leave the offroad ranch at 08:30ish. If you are not camping Friday night but want to be in the convoy Saturday morning, it would be good to arrive at the offroad ranch between 07:45 and 08:00.

Thanks for the heads-up on the street closures.

See you next weekend!

Barrman

Well it looks like Colton will not even make it Saturday morning. He has an academic UIL thing he can't get out of that morning.

I still plan to show up Friday evening. I just don't know which vehicle. Thunder storms are forecast Friday night into Saturday morning. I pulled the hard top off the M715 and if the rain actually happens will probably shift to the M1009 and M416 combination.

Anybody attending that needs CUCV parts or some M35 parts shoot me a PM. I will see if I have it and what I might need for them.

runk

Looks like my son and I are going to have to miss this year, just too much going on for the weekends.
Have fun and take lots of pictures !

Barrman

Sorry you can't make it Jeff. I always enjoy these visits.

Now, the forecast is for rain Thursday evening, all day Friday and into Friday night. I am starting to think the M1009 with a covered M101 to sleep in makes the best sense.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
_MG_0437 small.jpg The M101 makes a great camper, as I used at last year's rally (Gosh, I wish I could make it this year!). You can see the my cot raised on 4 - 2x4 and 1 - 2x2 boards 19" long, to allow the cot legs to clear the wheel well and set up flush to the side of the trailer. This gives much more room in the trailer to move around.

IMG_3559 small.jpg IMG_3558 small.jpg IMG_3557 small.jpg

Y'all have fun without me.

m715mike

I drove past the museum this evening headed to my son's track meet, which happened to be in Bryan. There were a bunch of vehicles already staged around the grounds (tracked and wheeled) and vendors getting set-up. The fun is brewing!!

The weather man says we are in for a storm tomorrow (high winds and rain). I hope it moves out quickly without leaving any damage!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks