• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2018 Haspin Fall Mini-Rally

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was suggested to start a thread to plan our fall rally. I'm proposing a mini-rally, Fri-Sat-Sun and have several dates to propose:

Option 1: September 21,22,23
Option 2: September 28,29,30
Option 3: October 12,13,14
Option 4: October 26,27,28

I'm pretty good for any of these dates. Whichever date is chosen will affect whether or not I will be able to bring both of my vehicles. I'm also open to doing a get together both months, September and October. We could make one of them a day-trip if we don't have enough interest to do a whole weekend meet. I usually go home Saturday night, regardless of how early I arrive during the week.

Let's vote and make something happen! The September dates are just around the corner!

I'm calling it for option 1, September 21, 22, and 23. Option 4 will also probably happen as a day trip as we have some people that don't mind meeting at Haspin more regularly...

Steel Soldiers off-road rally at Haspin Acres Off-Road park in Laurel, IN September 21-23. There are many old Haspin rally threads to look at if you want to see what we get into. Basically come and see what your truck can do off-road. Come for a few hours, a day, or the whole weekend. The off-road park has the only fees you need to pay, camping anywhere is the park is allowed and included in your entry fee. It is primitive camping, but there are showers and a bathroom at the park office.

Haspin Acres has a website you can visit for rules, prices, and directions.

Last edited:

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know how to create one. I'm just a low post count guy, not a dumpsterlandingfromorbit! with 27,000+ posts...

Figured we could just hash it out the old fashioned way.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Option 1 and 4 are the only chance you get to see me.

We could do all four there should be enough Daves to go around... where is Dave, his calendar must be free and clear?

Wire Fox

Option 2 and 3 are best for me, as my now-fiance, will-be wife, will be able to finally tag along and stay overnight. I can make option 1 work out, but it will only be me since she has an event going on that weekend. Option 4 is out-the-door, as I am hosting a camp out for a bunch of friendly internet dweebs, encouraging them to spend more time outside.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Option 2 works for me but the sooner we decide whatever the dates are the easier it is for me to find coverage at work. I can make any of them work if I know soon. Cant wait!

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, 2 votes for option 1, and 2 votes for option 2. I’d like to make the decision by this Friday as that’s only 3 weeks out from option 1.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Option 1 works the best for me and Todd said he could come for that one also. That being said, I could make option 2 work and possibly 3 but no 4.

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called it for Option 1, September 21-23. I think we can probably also do a day trip for Option 4 in October. Right now, lets focus on September 21-23.

Get your rigs ready, your time scheduled, and lets get together in a few weeks on Friday, September 21! I will most likely arrive Friday morning. See you then.

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the sake of the new folks who may see this thread and wonder... WHAT'S A HASPIN?

Could you please provide general (or specific) geographics, types of activities, etc.?

Thank you.

I updated the first post in the thread with some more information. Sorry, I don't know Rally organizing etiquette. I normally just do stuff in the "upcoming events" threads.

Wire Fox

Hey, you're all local, so this will be more relevant here: If anyone can lend me a HMMWV for next weekend (September 8th) or help me with a transmission rebuild THIS WEEK, I'd be greatly appreciative (parts on order). If you're working, I keep beer chilled in the fridge and I'll let you have a grab at some of the extra parts I have lying around if you need them. If you can lend me a vehicle, I will return it with the same amount of fuel [or more] and condition as delivered, plus can throw in some cash to help offset your maintenance costs. Reason: it's my wedding on the 8th, and I'm supposed to have a HMMWV ready to go for it. Just got the engine running, but the transmission is doing it's best to prevent that from happening.

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, you're all local, so this will be more relevant here: If anyone can lend me a HMMWV for next weekend (September 8th) or help me with a transmission rebuild THIS WEEK, I'd be greatly appreciative (parts on order). If you're working, I keep beer chilled in the fridge and I'll let you have a grab at some of the extra parts I have lying around if you need them. If you can lend me a vehicle, I will return it with the same amount of fuel [or more] and condition as delivered, plus can throw in some cash to help offset your maintenance costs. Reason: it's my wedding on the 8th, and I'm supposed to have a HMMWV ready to go for it. Just got the engine running, but the transmission is doing it's best to prevent that from happening.
Good luck, Jon! I'll see if I can stop by and help sometime later this weekend but if things don't work out don't worry, I'm sure she's not marrying you for the truck!

We drove away in a beat up Honda Accord and somehow our marriage has survived :shrugs:.

Anyway, hope to see you at Haspin as a newlywed couple.

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Option 4 is the only one this Dave can make.
Sorry you won't make this one, Dave. I really do want to do another trip Oct 27. I'm sure a few of us can meet up then. I'll sell the idea to those that show up September 21st :driver:

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry you won't make this one, Dave. I really do want to do another trip Oct 27. I'm sure a few of us can meet up then. I'll sell the idea to those that show up September 21st :driver:
My wife just informed me that option 4 won't work either so you guys go and have a great time. Working every other weekend makes it tough sometimes but I appreciate your effort to include me.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks