• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2020 Haspin

Wire Fox

Noted. Work has first-dibs on me, as there's a parade I'm on standby for on the 13th that calls for my HMMWV. I wouldn't want to break it and leave them without a vehicle...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Wire Fox

Well, figures. People really aren't critically thinking about reducing the spread of the virus. Every little loophole that they can find is being taken as the opportunity to go rushing headlong into it to relieve boredom. It seems that I have my store visits down to no more than twice a week (groceries once a week, an average of one other store for filling in various supplies or odd home needs once a week.) I have to go into work two days of the week to assist with scanning some documents and processing things in-person, and the other three days are spent working from home.

I've been tempted many times to go out for a drive or to go visit places I normally don't have time to go to, but I've had to sit and think that the trip will require me to stop at more gas stations, food service locations, and potentially end up needing vehicle service if I have a major problem. It's all avoidable exposure if I just sit my ass down for a bit and focus on just doing projects at home or taking a walk through my own neighborhood.

gimpyrider

Haspin is open for June. You have to preregister via email: letsgoplay91@gmail.com with the following info:
Name and number
# of guests riding or driving by age
Over 16
8-15
Under 8
Arrival date and approximate time
Leave date
Number of pink cards needed (this is the waiver info you can find on their site which you should attach)

gimpyrider

Haspin is open for June. You have to preregistration via email:

So, let me give you a run down on what will happen next...

We will reopen tomorrow, Friday May 8th, at 9am. Since we are required to limit the number of customers we can allow through the gate, we have decided to try the pre-registration approach. This means that in order to get in the park, you MUST pre-register first. You will not be required to pay in advance, but you will be required to pre-register in order in advance.
Now for the pre-registration email address and instructions on how to pre-register:

letsgoplay91@gmail.com

Please send your pre-registration email to this email address with the following information:

1. Name and phone # for reservation

2. Total of guests arriving with you
16 yrs or older - Adult pricing - # qty _____
8 yrs to 15 yrs - Young Adult - # qty ______
7 yrs or less - Child pricing - # qty ______
**Spectator - 10.00 per day - ABSOLUTELY NO RIDING - CAMP AREA ONLY ____ **

VETERANS - 1/2 off admission pricing for themselves ONLY - MUST HAVE ID WITH THEM - Please notify cashier at time of admission.

3. Date and approximate time of arrival.
4. Check out date.
5. How many in group need Liability cards? _________

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats everyone's thoughts about going? I have limited vacation days that I can use and if I take 3 days off and then don't get picked for entry or only a few of us get in that would suck. There has been a crazy amount of people trying to go to the point that they were shut down so I'm afraid the chances of all of us getting in at 50% capacity would be slim. So I think I'm going to hold off and try to plan a day or two trip with people who would want to do this on a later date. This is just my situation and not trying to change any existing plans.

Last edited:

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@DJones I've been looking forward to this all winter, but I'm concerned about the limited capacity part as well. If they are going to make us all stay 6' apart like the website says, it won't be much fun either. I can schedule vacation days whenever, so I am flexible with the dates.

For me personally, I have the camper torn apart right now to fix water leaks in the roof and the resulting rust damage, and the radiator is at the shop to fix a coolant leak. I might not have it back together in time anyway, but I could bring the deuce instead. I may send an email reservation request and see what happens, but I'm not against having another gathering after the restrictions are over.

92ramaro

They told me over the phone this morning that they're allowed 1000 people per day. How many people usually show up for the rally? I've not been yet.
Doing bearings on the gooseneck so I can tow Daisy down there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
/www.wlwt.com/article/franklin-county-officials-order-haspin-acres-to-close-after-dozens-flock-to-park-causing-traffic-jam/32041702#

Lately any where from roughly 10 to 20 trucks show up for the Rally but its' the masses of other people that come that could exceed the parks limits. If they can have 1,000 people a day that's a lot more than I thought could be in the park at once.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have guessed 200-300 total normal in the park on our weekend, so good to hear 1000 max. The problem was, the town folk that have been battling the park for forty years, finally had something to jump on the first weekend of lockdown and awesome weather. With their pizz poor entry/registration method, they had vehicles backed up all the way into town, and that was all the ammunition needed to shut them down. Hopefully the preregistration will eliminate lines, “IF” they are smart about it.

Also you might want to include Steel Soldiers Rally in your preregistration subject line, beings we are on their calendar, and hopefully will bump us to the front of the entry line.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
@DJones I've been looking forward to this all winter, but I'm concerned about the limited capacity part as well. If they are going to make us all stay 6' apart like the website says, it won't be much fun either. I can schedule vacation days whenever, so I am flexible with the dates.

For me personally, I have the camper torn apart right now to fix water leaks in the roof and the resulting rust damage, and the radiator is at the shop to fix a coolant leak. I might not have it back together in time anyway, but I could bring the deuce instead. I may send an email reservation request and see what happens, but I'm not against having another gathering after the restrictions are over.
Bring the Deuce, mower, and a tent. Sleep like us lowly peasant’s... oh wait, I think I’m bringing the camper this year, and sleeping up on the hill above the common folk also... or, I have a radiator you could borrow if needed!

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m in if everyone wants to give it a try.
If we all reserve now, what have we got to loose? The sooner we do it, the better. Who’s in?
That is how I see things. I sent an email to their reservation address on Saturday, and got the automatic confirmation that they received it and would respond soon, but have not gotten the final response with a reservation number. Has anyone else gotten their reservation number?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks