• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2023 SoCal Fall Rally

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have our dates set for the SoCal Fall Rally the weekend of October 19th - 22nd.
Here is the map to camp https://goo.gl/maps/4gL2iMToLmf1zsgR9

I'll be marking the campsite with cones so as to not disturb surrounding plant life.

Saltydeuce will be providing us with a few truck loads of firewood for the community fire pit so we have a warm gathering spot to tell lies about the moon landing and listen to arguments for and against a flat earth.

There will be a convoy through the desert on Saturday around 11'ish which makes for a real good time and enjoy the view this also gives us an opportunity to pick up any trash that we may see along the way. When we get back I'll be grilling up some tacos for everyone there.

We are in search of a rally car if anyone has any leads on a good running, but cheap (around $400) car, truck or van let us know or just bring it and we'll reimburse you. If anyone wants to drive the rally car we ask for a donation to help with the purchase of it.

As it should be with any campsite we ask that you pick up any trash that you see as well as packing up what you bring out.

I know when we are out in the open desert it can be hard not to get on the gas and get the full experience of the wind blowing on your wig, but please be courteous around camp and around others that want to enjoy it too so that nobody gets dusted out. There is a 5mph speed limit in camp.

Hope to see you guys out there.
PLS lift Rally car.jpgcampfire.jpg

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Niece is getting married....at my house....that weekend. Sorry, another no-show for me.....:(

drbeeper17

It's too bad this is scheduled for the same weekend as the F1 race in Austin, which I bought tickets for months ago. You will have to find someone else to drag the rally car back to the fire after its demise.

I hope I'll be able to make the next outing in the Spring.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's too bad this is scheduled for the same weekend as the F1 race in Austin, which I bought tickets for months ago. You will have to find someone else to drag the rally car back to the fire after its demise.

I hope I'll be able to make the next outing in the Spring.
F1 racing don't have nothin' on our rally car! Plus with us it's a participation sport. You still have time to hustle them tickets on someone else.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have our dates set for the SoCal Fall Rally the weekend of October 19th - 22nd.
Here is the map to camp https://goo.gl/maps/4gL2iMToLmf1zsgR9

I'll be marking the campsite with cones so as to not disturb surrounding plant life.

Saltydeuce will be providing us with a few truck loads of firewood for the community fire pit so we have a warm gathering spot to tell lies about the moon landing and listen to arguments for and against a flat earth.

There will be a convoy through the desert on Saturday around 11'ish which makes for a real good time and enjoy the view this also gives us an opportunity to pick up any trash that we may see along the way. When we get back I'll be grilling up some tacos for everyone there.

We are in search of a rally car if anyone has any leads on a good running, but cheap (around $400) car, truck or van let us know or just bring it and we'll reimburse you. If anyone wants to drive the rally car we ask for a donation to help with the purchase of it.

As it should be with any campsite we ask that you pick up any trash that you see as well as packing up what you bring out.

I know when we are out in the open desert it can be hard not to get on the gas and get the full experience of the wind blowing on your wig, but please be courteous around camp and around others that want to enjoy it too so that nobody gets dusted out. There is a 5mph speed limit in camp.

Hope to see you guys out there.
View attachment 904161View attachment 904162
I really would like to come this time finally, however I have no spare for my m1083 and I'm trying to acquire one. If anybody knows of a goodyear MV/T 395/85R20 in Southern California let me know! The 6 on the truck are 2015 and newer, I had a 2008 that blew out last month.

MAdams

I really would like to come this time finally, however I have no spare for my m1083 and I'm trying to acquire one. If anybody knows of a goodyear MV/T 395/85R20 in Southern California let me know! The 6 on the truck are 2015 and newer, I had a 2008 that blew out last month.
I have a spare I bring for my M1082 trailer that you're welcome to borrow if needed.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rodney Feltz gave me a good deal on two 98% treadwear MV/T tires, 5 years old Max, hopefully will arrive in time for me to be able to come

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We got our Rally car! Only thing is we have to touch it in a special spot under the hood in order for it to crank over.;)Mustang Rally car.png

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks