• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20kw Generator

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Currently investigating the installation of a ~24kw generator for backup power at work. Was quoted a 24kw air cooled 3600 rpm homeowner unit from Generac. Expensive including installation.

After some further research Generac offers a commercial 1800 rpm water cooled unit at 22kw. Other commercial option was water cooled 25kw at 3600 rpm.

The 24kw homeowner unit is actually only rated to produce 21kw running on Natural Gas.

Figure $5500 for the homeowner and about $11000 for the commercial units only no installation.

Not sure how helpful this is to you.

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just sold my 20kw natural gas generac (0591-0 model) for $1200 on marketplace (obv didnt come with transfer switch or installation) starting to think I sold it too low because it was gone within 15 mins of posting for asking price.

I think you are right. Had I known I would have driven over and got it from you.

But alas, I left FB and for valid reasons.

Not really a good fit for a retired military generator.

One option would be to buy 2 of the MEP1040 10kw generators. They can be run in parallel. A pair of those at auction would run $12-$15K
From the sounds of what I'm reading here I can probably do with just 1. I didn't look at the auctions (YET) but the only, (non auction) 1040 I could find they were asking $15 just for 1...!

I understand getting one from the auction, I got a nice 803a? (The "portable" 3kw unit) from an auction, but it seems like a total crap shoot if you get a good one or not. I wish I knew more about them. Also there is the issue of trying to arrange picking and delivery when it is 500+ miles away...

Last edited:

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the sounds of what I'm reading here I can probably do with just 1. I didn't look at the auctions (YET) but the only, (non auction) 1040 I could find they were asking $15 just for 1...!

I understand getting one from the auction, I got a nice 803a? (The "portable" 3kw unit) from an auction, but it seems like a total crap shoot if you get a good one or not. I wish I knew more about them. Also there is the issue of trying to arrange picking and delivery when it is 500+ miles away...
Shipping is a lot easier than you think. between my broker or all the truck drivers i have used in the past its not really an issue

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks