• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20x32x14 Maintenance Tent

cruzinz28

Neiowa
Thanks! Now... What do I do with the other 26, and how much in debt will I be to get them shipped from California??? Anyone located in CA will to help get them shipped? :-D

cruzinz28

Insulated Liners Installed

Installed the Insulated Liners in the Maintenance Tent over the past few days. Thought I would post the pictures. Still have to attached the end sections to the frame work and insulate them since they were not insulated from the military. We can tell a big difference with the liners isntalled already. Its nice to work in the warm instead of outside last year!!!

I have extra liners left over as you can see if anyone needs them for their tent.

Attachments

cruzinz28

Thanks!!! I wanted to add some concrete barracades where you pull up to weave in and out like getting onto a military base and a sign that said "Restricted Area. Authorized personel only. Use of deadly for is prohibited" but.... I figured the neighbors might get excited and Uncle Same might be knocking on the door. LoL!

NEIOWA

Installed the Insulated Liners in the Maintenance Tent over the past few days. Thought I would post the pictures. Still have to attached the end sections to the frame work and insulate them since they were not insulated from the military. We can tell a big difference with the liners isntalled already. Its nice to work in the warm instead of outside last year!!!

I have extra liners left over as you can see if anyone needs them for their tent.

RE: Bottom purlin for end walls (each side of the door post. Did you have the clevis that connects a short purlin to the foot of the end arch? How/where was it packed in shipping crate (end arch crate?)? Post a photo of what that looks like? I'm not finding such clevis in my all stuff.

Last edited:

cruzinz28

I will pull back the insualted liner this evening and take a picture of the connection between the door frame and the foot of the end arch. When I got the tent it was used and strapped to some 4x4 pallets so I cannot provide information as to how it was orginally crated up. Mine do coonect via a clevis/pin set up and it threads in and out to set the door frame sqaure for operation. If you need anything else just let me know, should get the pictures posted tomorrow morning.

cruzinz28

Getting married next June, so these options will have to be considered on a case by case basis... with that in mind both options were just approved by the owner for installation. Keep in mind this will also have to be followed up with parameter fence to keep the fiance at bay till the bachelor party is over. Anyone willing to donate a gun truck or M35 with ring mount to patrol the parameter fence would be greatly appreciated. :wink:

Last edited:

NEIOWA

That's what I thought would look like. I'm putting up new in the crate stuff. Will have to do some digging see if I missed the clevis somewhere.

I have electronic version of TM. One of the worst mil TM I've ever seen. Photos and illustrations. And the "illustrations" sewn on the inside of the canvas are terrible.

cruzinz28

I know exactly what you are talking about when it comes to the TM! The only good copy was the orginal in my opinion. We are actually going an extra step and insulating behind the end pieces to the left, right and above the doors. This one isn't going to be coming down till it falls apart so I wanted all the insulation I could get. When you get yours togethe I would love to see some pictures of the original building if you have time to take them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks