• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

21st. WWII Weekend - Reading, Pa.

HAWKMAN

I've been pumped for this since Aberdeen, yea...hope it doesn't monsoon the Tuesday/Wedensday before. I'd like to think the weather has gotten all that out of it's system by now:roll:. This event is my 'black Friday' of the year![thumbzup] See Ya there!!!!:jumpin:

berserker

Are deuces welcome? How about "vietnam era's" ? I'll go without (not yet registered) just to meet some of ya'll! Wifey's trying to get me to volunteer at the air museum due to me having an A&P license. Do ya'll show up to sell stuff, show your MV's or both? Far as weather who knows? rained all last week here and forecast was next wk. also.....

Srjeeper

Are deuces welcome? How about "vietnam era's" ? I'll go without (not yet registered) just to meet some of ya'll! Wifey's trying to get me to volunteer at the air museum due to me having an A&P license. Do ya'll show up to sell stuff, show your MV's or both? Far as weather who knows? rained all last week here and forecast was next wk. also.....

This really isn't that kinda show. It's mostly a WWII air show, plus they have reenactors, encampments, and a vendor section.
You park your vehicle in a lot and they take you to the airport where everything is taking place in school buses.

The bring your vehicle shows around here are MTA in April, Aberdeen in May or Gilbert Redball in Sept..

This is still a 'must see' event if you are at all interested in all things military. [thumbzup]

Chief_919

This really isn't that kinda show. It's mostly a WWII air show, plus they have reenactors, encampments, and a vendor section.
You park your vehicle in a lot and they take you to the airport where everything is taking place in school buses.

The bring your vehicle shows around here are MTA in April, Aberdeen in May or Gilbert Redball in Sept..

This is still a 'must see' event if you are at all interested in all things military. [thumbzup]
Yup. Only WWII vehicles allowed inside the show, and only if you are pre-registered.

It may sound restrictive, but once you get inside, you will see the huge size and scope of this show and understand why they run it like they do. The flea market alone is worth it, much less the amazing show.

Anyone from the site stop by the Old Grouch's tent in the flea market and say howdy!

Srjeeper

Best Days of the Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All weather reports are calling for warm temps, sunny skies and low % of rain....:jumpin:

Fri. 77* - Sunny - 10% precip
Sat. 81* - Pt.Sunny - 30% precip
Sun. 85* - Sunny - 20% precip

Now that's air show weather........[thumbzup]

Chief_919

Made it to the airport Holiday Inn at 0015 this morning after a leaky radiator and blown belts on the 1028 and a blown tire on the M101 on the way up. Setting up the flea market with a P51 buzzing us - it doesn't get much better!

paulfarber

A lot of reenactors I know are passing. The event holder doesn't care if its WWII.. there are plenty of CJ2s and M100 trailers running around.

Reading is about the MONEY... its a Fund Raiser for the Museum.... so anything can and does go. Some participants are very high quality... other not so much. Go for the aircraft... Last year a Lancaster showed up, before that a B-29.

Chief_919

Pretty good day in the flea market area, but I noted a lot of the smaller dealers are not there now that they increased the space rent.

We had some good sales and met some good folks. Suprised the M38A1C windshield frame I brought up hasnm't sold yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks