• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

24 - 12 Volt Conversion; Voltmeter

1956_4x4

What has everyone done about their volt meter after they converted to a full 12 volt system? Is there a 12 volt version that hooks into the existing connector?

Smitty

devilman96

Any standard 12V aftermarket gauge will do, if you are worried about hacking the connector off for some reason get a jumper and hack that for a plug in. I am at a loss for a MV gauge in 12 that will plug in but there are a few whom are far wiser than I am floating around... anyone???

1956_4x4

I worked on military vehicles for over 26 years and can't remember a military specific 12 volt meter. I was AF, so there were a lot of military vehicles in the US system that didn't come through my shops. Just figured I'd check to see if there was something out there that would fit the requirement. Like you say, most any off the shelf meter should work.

Smitty